The BC Lions can't pull a Britney Spears...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

The BC Lions can't pull a Britney Spears...

Post by DavidPratt_ »

The good news for the BC. Lions…is this…
Their disappointing performance in Montreal on Sunday was nothing compared to what Britney Spears pulled off a few hours later at the MTV VideoMusic Awards…
Unfortunately the two did shared a few things in common…
Neither looked prepared…
Both are capable of so much better…
And all of it was seen live on national television…

The big difference is the time line…

It’s taken Britney 4 years…a divorce…two kids…and drinking and drug problems to become the train wreck you saw last night…
The Lions managed to make the transformation in less than 9 days…without the circus…
Word has it Britney partied hard in Las Vegas for two straight nights before she crashed and burned on Sunday night

As far as we know the Lions were clean and sober…
Nevertheless the al’s destroyed the Lions without their starting quarterback Anthony Callvio and without the league’s leading receiver…Ben Cahoon…
Montreal put up 447 yards of total offence on its way to a 32-14 blow out…
Here’s the stat that completely summed up the Lionss day…
Geroy Simon the CFLl’s most outstanding player last year had one catch…for 10 yards…

Game…set and match…

Rob Murphy summed it up best…
“We didn’t execute and we got our asses kickedâ€￾…
Fortunately Winnipeg did the Lions a big favor on Sunday and blew out Saskatchewan…
It leaves BC. Just one point out of first place in the west…
Should the Lions take care of Toronto this Saturday…the stage will be set for the big showdown on the 2nd in Regina…
Do that and football fans in this city will forget all about Sunday’s meltdown in Montreal…
As for Britney’s act in Vegas last night???
That lives forever…
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It was a strange game as it started so well.. JJ actaully mixing it up and throwing well and long. What was he 10-12 at one point? It looked like a good game plan.

Then the second half started... and the turnovers... sheesh.

Toronto is in deap shit this weekend I'd wager.

8-)
JoeKnows
MVP
MVP

Post by JoeKnows »

I think it speaks volumes that BC is able to keep themselves in the hunt with their third string quarterback playing for an extended period of time. I don't think that would happen with just about any other team.

If I'm BC, I'm chalking this one up to a dud game, and let it go at that.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Welcome to Canuckscorner JoeKnows. Good first post. Not only are the Lions playing with their 3rd string QB but their middle linebacker, Javier Glatt has been out with an injury. Then there's OLB Otis Floyd and SB Geroy Simon who are playing but both banged up with injuries. Buono gave the players 2 days off after the Montreal loss so the most of the team must be pretty well banged up. I question his strategy sometimes but not with this decision. There's 8 games left and plenty of time for the Lions to make hay. Let's see what they can do when they're reasonably healthy. p.s. Both Dickenson and Pierce practiced today.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

mr perfect wrote: Pierce practiced today.
That's great news.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
JoeKnows
MVP
MVP

Post by JoeKnows »

mr perfect wrote:Welcome to Canuckscorner JoeKnows. Good first post. Not only are the Lions playing with their 3rd string QB but their middle linebacker, Javier Glatt has been out with an injury. Then there's OLB Otis Floyd and SB Geroy Simon who are playing but both banged up with injuries. Buono gave the players 2 days off after the Montreal loss so the most of the team must be pretty well banged up. I question his strategy sometimes but not with this decision. There's 8 games left and plenty of time for the Lions to make hay. Let's see what they can do when they're reasonably healthy. p.s. Both Dickenson and Pierce practiced today.
I think another thing to keep in mind too is that their main competition this year is Saskatchewan, who has a very lackluster history in terms of winning, plus a province that worships them. I made a very major mistake this offseason in writing them off because of the hiring of Kent Austin, but I really have to wonder if the Riders can live up to the hope and the hype as the season starts heading for an end, or if they'll fade a bit due to the pressure.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

mr perfect wrote:Welcome to Canuckscorner JoeKnows. Good first post. Not only are the Lions playing with their 3rd string QB but their middle linebacker, Javier Glatt has been out with an injury. Then there's OLB Otis Floyd and SB Geroy Simon who are playing but both banged up with injuries.
Don't forget Dante Marsh is still out along with numerous other DB's have been in and out. Tony Simmons with his bad foot.. it's just been an unreal year. Yet, they are doing great.. and judging by the tape heard on the team today still as loose as gooses. ... goosi?? 8-)
Farhan Lalji

Re: The BC Lions can't pull a Britney Spears...

Post by Farhan Lalji »