40,000 sold for the Beckham game here! SELLOUT!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

VancouverBall
AHL Prospect

40,000 sold for the Beckham game here! SELLOUT!

Post by VancouverBall »

They've sold about 40,000 for the Beckham game here! We're on our way to a sellout (60,342) !

Make some NOISE!
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

We got tickets ... our soccer team is going down to see him ... 25 to my understanding in the lower bowl in the VIP - platinum section.

Grizz
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

:shock: Just because of Beckham...unbelievable.

Do you know on which surface they'll be playing at BC Place ? I guess not on grass, or ?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Cookie La Rue wrote::shock: Just because of Beckham...unbelievable.
Sadly, yes. Initially I thought the Galaxy had made a mistake signing him, but apparently not. They've marketed him perfectly. People are flooding to see a slightly above average footballer with an incredible amount of name recognition. I've been a Manchester United fan my entire life, so I've followed his career from the start and to while he was a very talented player, he's nothing to get excited about. He's not flashy or willing to dribble through everyone, he's just really good at crossing and free kicks. I have no idea why he got so famous.

I've seen him play in person before, and I've probably watched him play 100 times on the television. He was barely a player worth getting excited about a decade ago, and he sure as hell isn't one now. (With that said McLaren is still an idiot for ever dropping him from the national team)
orts
CC Veteran

The Emperor's New Clothes

Post by orts »

levelheaded wrote:He was barely a player worth getting excited about a decade ago, and he sure as hell isn't one now.
Wow, that's the first time I've heard anyone say what I've been thinking for a long time now...
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Well for our soccer team it is about going on a 350 mile road trip on a team bus with the team kicking in the cash for two nites hotels and the food etc. We'll have to pay for the ticket but nonetheless ... good times for everyone ....whether Beckham plays or not ...

Grizz
shagano
AHL Prospect

Post by shagano »

Sorry to dissapoint all you football fans out there...but he is not playing....
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article. ... 12313_6024
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

shagano wrote:Sorry to dissapoint all you football fans out there...but he is not playing....
http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article. ... 12313_6024
That's kinda funny/ironic/anticlimactic...

Toronto FC will be just fine without the star visitor, though. I love the way the team has been rowdily adopted in this town. It's probably an overstatement in that article to say he raised the profile of soccer here.

Oddly, I thought the huge international flavour of Toronto would've been the prime reason TFC would do well; but the fans I know and have watched on tv have been largely white lower- and middle-class. I guess loyalties die hard even when you have moved away from Lazio, Benfica, Brazil, etc.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Grizzly wrote:... good times for everyone ....whether Beckham plays or not ...
That's a perfect attitude. Have fun. ;)

The attendance alone will be worth it. I guess there were never more people at a football (soccer) game in Vancouver...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
VancouverBall
AHL Prospect

Post by VancouverBall »

Beckham must play at the Vancouver event or the game is postponed until he CAN play. It's in the contract the Whitecaps signed for this game. Beckham must play or the game is postponed until he CAN play. I phoned the Whitecaps to verify this. It's a good clause.

It's not like Sunday's game in Toronto where the game goes ahead whether Beckham has a sore nose or not. Vancouver's contract for Oct. 3 is quite well defined. He's there or they postpone the game and wait until his nose heals and he can play.

If he can't play on Sunday then October 3 in Vancouver will be his first play in Canada! WOW!

Let's sell out the place!!! 60,000 baby!!!!!!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Really ? :mrgreen: What role has to play "Posh" ?

Hopping around her body in the stands ?
VancouverBall
AHL Prospect

Post by VancouverBall »

Seats now filling up in the Upper Deck across from the Scoreboard in Section 51 up to Row PP. The highest row in Level 4 is V V (Row 29). BC Place has 69 rows total, Commonwealth in Edmonton 83
Vanekfan3
AHL Prospect

Post by Vanekfan3 »

why do you like em so much he is not top 20.

the only thing he is good for is to look good and to play a cool guy.

but he sucks.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Looks like he is out 6 weeks anyways ... got hurt in last nites game... if rehab goes well he might make an October 13th appearance against TO.

Grizz