More Vick!!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

More Vick!!

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Michael Vick was in court this morning to plead guilty to dog fighting…
He will be sentenced on December the 10th…

Vick’s performance today makes it clear…he now fully understands just how much trouble he’s in…
Talk about damage control!!!
Vick apologized for his actions and said he takes full responsibility…then asked for forgiveness and understanding…
Quote….â€￾I move forward to better Michael Vick the person…not the football player.â€￾
Nevertheless Vick admitted he lied to…NFL commissioner roger Goodell and the owner of the Atlanta Falcons Arthur Blank…
He said he was ashamed and disappointed in himself…and labeled himself as “immatureâ€￾…
Vick described dog fighting as a terrible thing…something he now rejects…
Here’s the kicker…
Vick now says he has found religion…and in his words…â€￾i will redeem myself…i have toâ€￾…
So what triggered this great spiritual awaking???
Now before you label it as “a miracleâ€￾…here’s the rest of the story…
The plea agreement does not guarantee Vick anything…
His future is now in the hands of two mortals…
The first is federal judge Henry e. Hudson who is not bound by sentencing guidelines and has the power to send Vick to jail for the maximum of five years…
The second is Goodell who has the power to suspend Vick from playing in the NFL for life for his involvement with illegal gambling…
Vick admits to killing dogs and financing the gambling but insists he never personally placed any bets on the fights or shared in any winnings…
The big question now is…will Vick’s confession be enough to save his career???
That’s what he’s really praying for…
Under the NFL’s personal conduct policy…merely associating with gamblers can result in a lifetime ban…
In the meantime today’s conviction will cost Vick about $100 million dollars in lost salary…bonuses and endorsements…

Such is the PRICE of salvation…

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Just a bunch of lip service from a desperate man. Never bet? Bullshit - that would only mean that he was in it for the violence. Either way - he's a piece of shit who through his future away.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."