For all you Madden NFL Gamers out there.....

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

For all you Madden NFL Gamers out there.....

Post by DavidPratt_ »

When the clock strikes midnight…it will officially become “madden dayâ€￾…

for football fans who love video games…

August the 14th is the Super Bowl and Christmas all rolled into one…

“Madden NFL 2008â€￾ will officially hit the selves in 6 thousand stores all over North America…

hundreds of thousands of fans in the u.s. will line up for hours waiting to get their hands on it…

EA Sports will send out VIP copies to people such as Andy Roddick…Snoop Dogg and Green Day…

Last year's version sold 1.8 million and this year that number is expected to go well over 2 million…

It’s not just the fans that are playing…so are the players…

for the last 13 Super Bowls EA Sports has held a “Madden tournamentâ€￾ just for players…

next to the game itself…the tournament along with the Playboy and Maxim parties are the toughest tickets…

the players take this real serious and Alex Smith of the of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is the two time defending champion…but the real prize is to become the player on the cover…

at least it used to be…then came the curse…

the last six straight players to be on the cover of “maddenâ€￾ have all suffered injuries that cost them their season…

the list includes Daunte Culpepper…Marshall Faulk…Michael Vick…Ray Lewis and Donovan Mcnabb…

last year Shaun Alexander broke his foot in week four…the most valuable player of 2005 struggled through the worst season of his nfl career…

this year Ladainian Tomlinson of the Chargers was offered the cover but turned it down…

the official reason given was money…but how do you turn down a couple hundred thousand dollars for doing nothing???

instead EA Sports gave the cover to Vince Young of the Titans…
whether you believe in the curse or not…
what is not open for debate is the success of the game…â€￾Madden NFLâ€￾ remains the most successful video game in history…

2008 begins in just a matter of hours

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

The curse has lived on in hockey too.

Lindros got pummeled by Stevens in 1999

Lemieux was injury plagues in 2002

Iginla suffered a slump in 2003 dropping from an Art Ross season of 96 points to a 67
point season

Heatley got into his car crash in 2004

Naslund's play has declined ever since he was on in 2005

Does the game really hold a curse? Probably not. But we all know hockey players are stupidly superstitious.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I've never really liked the Madden series. I haven't bought a football game since ESPN NFL 2K5, and I still play it regularly. 2K actually made games worth playing, and didn't bother loading their products with gimmicky features year in and year out. It was a dark day when EA bought the exclusive rights to the NFL...
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I'm a semi-Madden fan, but what I'm looking forward to is the new NHL '08. I hope it's better then '07, which seemed like a roster update of '06 with an alternate control system. Anyone else notice that? '08 must be out in the near future eh...
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Badfish wrote:I'm a semi-Madden fan, but what I'm looking forward to is the new NHL '08. I hope it's better then '07, which seemed like a roster update of '06 with an alternate control system. Anyone else notice that? '08 must be out in the near future eh...
September 11th.

Wikipedia has a good write up on it.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

2k8 all the way. They even have the better cover athlete.

There's nothing new in Madden 08, except updated graphics and a couple new controls and mini-games - nothing too drool over but still a fun game nonetheless.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

I should give my buddy that works at EA a call so he can send me up some Madden, plus Tiger Woods and NHL 2008 will also be out soon.....I love dirt cheap video games!! Too bad Guitar Hero isn't EA, that game rules.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

tey wrote:I should give my buddy that works at EA a call so he can send me up some Madden, plus Tiger Woods and NHL 2008 will also be out soon.....I love dirt cheap video games!! Too bad Guitar Hero isn't EA, that game rules.
I also enjoy this service :)

and yes, Guitar Hero does indeed rock. I'm up to Expert level now :roll:
is that a good thing or a bad thing? I can't tell.