Anson Carter

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Once again, any bonus clauses in a players contract are included in the cap, whether that player reaches them or not.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

And once again as well, only old and injury-returning players can even have bonuses.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Robert wrote:Once again, any bonus clauses in a players contract are included in the cap, whether that player reaches them or not.
Jyrki21 wrote:And once again as well, only old and injury-returning players can even have bonuses.
my cats breath smells like cat food
joecheesy
AHL Prospect

Post by joecheesy »

To my mind, the Nucks already have a collection of potential "Carters" for this year in Pyatt, Isbister, etc. Although a clear, proven, finisher for the Sedin line would be great, the gaping hole that I see in the lineup is on Nazzy's wing. Without a genuine, physically-hard-to-handle offensive threat on his wing, he can't get enough space to make plays and get shots. He's not making the Yzerman-esque transition to two-way forward very well at all, and is struggling in role he's not cut out for. He needs Bertuzzi. Unfortunately, that Bertuzzi (of the WCE era) no longer exists. I was just watching old footage of Bert putting his shoulder down and taking the defenseman (and the puck :-) ) to the net. Just a little behind the play, Nazzy is there with all kinds of space. It brought a little tear to my eye.

One can always think of more things to add to make the team better, but that is one thing I think would be worth paying for with significant assets (players, picks, prospects): a power forward that can take Nazzy back to the first line.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

joecheesy wrote:To my mind, the Nucks already have a collection of potential "Carters" for this year in Pyatt, Isbister, etc. Although a clear, proven, finisher for the Sedin line would be great, the gaping hole that I see in the lineup is on Nazzy's wing. Without a genuine, physically-hard-to-handle offensive threat on his wing, he can't get enough space to make plays and get shots. He's not making the Yzerman-esque transition to two-way forward very well at all, and is struggling in role he's not cut out for. He needs Bertuzzi. Unfortunately, that Bertuzzi (of the WCE era) no longer exists. I was just watching old footage of Bert putting his shoulder down and taking the defenseman (and the puck :-) ) to the net. Just a little behind the play, Nazzy is there with all kinds of space. It brought a little tear to my eye.

One can always think of more things to add to make the team better, but that is one thing I think would be worth paying for with significant assets (players, picks, prospects): a power forward that can take Nazzy back to the first line.
Haha, just responded to this post under the "Canucks have deepest defense and goaltending thread"
Mark
joecheesy
AHL Prospect

Post by joecheesy »

It looked quiet here, so I took my comment to the fresher thread. :-)
tallyman1155
AHL Prospect

Anson Carter???

Post by tallyman1155 »

The rule of thumb for life is the same for the Canucks.. Never go backwards. There is a hell of a lot of talent out there. Either go find it or let the young guns come up and show us what they can do. Any one can play with the twins, Isbister will prove that this year and then we will see if he learns anything from the Carter issue