NBA to play preseason game in Vancouver

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

NBA to play preseason game in Vancouver

Post by Naslund Is King »

On October 26th the Suns will play the Sonics in Vancouver.

A good sign, maybe i'm dreaming but hopefully Vancouver will get another team... we really do need another pro team.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

I don't know if the sports fan base is big enough for 3 major leagues here honestly.

Even in the dark days of Canucks era, the Grizzlies just couldn't sell tickets.

Now that Canucks are at the top again, with the Lions also doing very well the past few seasons, I just don't see that many fans investing that much more money, and time, into the NBA team. Heck, if I had to choose, I'd go watch the Giants or other local hockey league teams instead of NBA. It's like soccer, you touch me, i'll flop and complain to the ref.
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Jelly wrote:I don't know if the sports fan base is big enough for 3 major leagues here honestly.

Even in the dark days of Canucks era, the Grizzlies just couldn't sell tickets.
Selling tickets was never a problem for the Grizz, they sold a ton of tickets, more then TO I believe in the first couple seasons. The problem came after the 4th and 5th season of terrible teams winning no more then something like 32 games a year. The city loved the team, and put up with crap for awhile, and was still putting up with it when that greasy ass-monkey Heisley came and stole our team. The guy has the nerve to sing the national anthem on opening night then moves the team right from under our noses.

That and the fact that the dollar was weak and no players would come play for us also hurt.... but man, can you imagine if Steve Francis hadn't been such a whiny bitch and came to play for us? Bibby, Francis, Shareef? Thats a solid core group, add Stromlie the next year, and we could've had quite a team...

And of course, the worst part was Big Country. What a waste of your first draft pick as a franchise. Big Country? The guy who looks like he took some buckshot to the back of the head as a boy? We gave him something ridiculous like 50 mil, making him near-useless and un-tradable. that being said, I was at the game where he scored something like 45 points in the first half.... then managed something like 4 in the second half...

I would love it if the NBA came back to town personally. They were fun to watch, and a good place to take younger kids without having so many drunk yahoos everywhere. Not that I have young kids to take anywhere myself...
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Yeah Country was a useless bum, though he did have one or two good years... remember after the lockout he came at least 30 pounds overweight?

All for 70 million