Heatly cant

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should Heatly be jailed

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 9

Mozy
MVP
MVP

Heatly cant

Post by Mozy »

get off

http://jas.disney.go.com/cgi-bin/Click. ... id=1974474

that bastard deserves to go to jail, i mean its not like he broke the guys neck.... well actually he broke his skull and he killed him... JAIL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Well if he wasn't such a darn nice guy and a pro hockey superstar.....most people would say he should be jailed. Imagine if he was a chinese immigrant street racer, I'm sure most people would feel differently. I don't think it will do Dany ANY good whatsoever to go to jail.....in fact it would be counterproductive.....yet at the same time there has to be consequences for such irresponsible acts. Its a tough call.....I don't think Dan Snyder was innocent in this and his parents don't want to see Heatley go to jail...he should definitely LOSE his license for 10 years or something....that would be punishment enough imo.

Hypocrisy of the year: Heatley is pittied & put on a pedistal for an amazing recovery to his injuries while Snyder is DEAD while Bertuzzi is constantly put through the ringer by the media while Moore is milking the situation dry. You be the judge.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Heatley's not a threat to society. He should lose his license (like Clam says) pay a fine and do some hefty community work, which in the end will be much more productive than sending the kid to jail. He has the opportunity to learn and lead others away from making such a mistake.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I don't think he should go to jail, he wasn't impaired, but he made a hugh mistake. The laws are different in the States, so who knows what will happen?

What ever does happen it won't bring back Dan Snyder, but sending Heatley to jail wouldn't be the right thing.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

While I don't think he should go to jail (most of my reasons already have been stated), I do think that it will depend entirely on the judje. If he is treated the way that all sports stars are treated in th USA, he will not go to jail. If he is treated as a forigner who was acting stupid and had a US citizen jailed welcome-to-the-southern US-justice-system, then, YEEHAA!, anything could happen.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

he wasn't impaired
I beg to differ, I do beleive that the pair had been out drinking that night and that was one of the contributing factors to the crash
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

actually, they had had a couple beers over the last few hours. Where I come from,
1 beer per hour (BAC must be less that .08%) is the legal limit. 2 grown men having a couple beers over 3 hours would not be impared.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
svts
MVP
MVP

Post by svts »

Jovorock wrote:I don't think he should go to jail, he wasn't impaired, but he made a hugh mistake. The laws are different in the States, so who knows what will happen?

What ever does happen it won't bring back Dan Snyder, but sending Heatley to jail wouldn't be the right thing.
I definitely hope that he doesn't go to jail.

I want to be able to drive as fast as I want, whenever I want, with impunity.

All my lawyer has to do is find precedents in BC where people killed others with their cars, show how my incident wasn't nearly as bad, and I'm outta here.

Maybe Heatley should sue Ferrari for making such a fast car, although these days a Kia Rio would get up to those speeds as well.

Yup, Heatley is neither responsible for his actions, nor should he be punished for them. In fact, nobody should. Vehicular carnage is just a fact of life, and totally unpreventable, right?
If a man can remember what he worried about last week, he has a very good memory.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

although these days a Kia Rio would get up to those speeds as well.
dude, have you ever been in a Rio?
svts
MVP
MVP

Post by svts »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
although these days a Kia Rio would get up to those speeds as well.
dude, have you ever been in a Rio?
No. But if it's got an engine and there's a cliff nearby.....maybe it could get up to speed.
If a man can remember what he worried about last week, he has a very good memory.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

LOL true.

gravity works ;)
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

ditto, but as much as your arguments are convincing theres a difference with injruing someone and getting away with it in the case of bert and killing someone and then trying to get away with it. I mean he took the life of someone.....jsut because the family forgives him shouldnt mean he should get off with out some jail time, I agree that they should suspend his license, and fine him etc. but i also think he needs to do some jail time
svts
MVP
MVP

Post by svts »

feritflame wrote:ditto, but as much as your arguments are convincing theres a difference with injruing someone and getting away with it in the case of bert and killing someone and then trying to get away with it. I mean he took the life of someone.....jsut because the family forgives him shouldnt mean he should get off with out some jail time, I agree that they should suspend his license, and fine him etc. but i also think he needs to do some jail time
So, if he gets jail time...............

Pitcher or catcher?
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Id like to see him get some jail time, what im saying is he shoudl get the fine and the suspened license and the community work AS WELL AS some time with big bubba and they can argue about who gets top bunk
svts
MVP
MVP

Post by svts »

feritflame wrote:Id like to see him get some jail time, what im saying is he shoudl get the fine and the suspened license and the community work AS WELL AS some time with big bubba and they can argue about who gets top bunk
Top Bunk
New Punk
It's still no hockey for me.