Ottawa Senators vs Anaheim Ducks - Stanley Cup Final

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

SRsez wrote:So is it choking yet?
Again, no. Choking would be if the Ducks now blow their 3-1 lead. It's giving in to pressure when you're supposed to finish the job... this is obviously not the case for Ottawa -- the Senators have largely been outplayed in this series. They're getting beaten the very normal way.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I'm a tad late in this post but from my perspective it would always be the Ducks Cup unless they choked, I picked them followed by SJ and yes the Canucks to win

Their D is so much better ( why did Sens management let Chara go and keep Redding ? ) their coverage is good and every one works smart and tough ( maybe exceptition Pronger) The goalie is better, the coaching, Randy Carlysle is smart and a demanding coach and the Duck forwards are the equal of the Sens. In fact if I had to pick one player from both teams to start a new franchise with it would be a Ryan Getzlaf. Big player with loads of skill closely followed by Perry.

The Ducks if they don't win this year only have a small window left, no one can afford the Niedermyer, Pronger, Guigerre, and then the soon new contracts of Perry and Getzlaf under the Cap. Although they do have Bobby Ryan and Brendan Mickelson coming down the pike.

Lets just hope Columbus make Bob Murray an offer he can't refuse, that would help :D
cheers
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I'd be surprised if the series went back to Ottawa ...

Grizz
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Go Ducks! Seriously I'd rather see the cup come to the west coast than the east and I could care less about it being an "American" team. The Ducks are outplaying the Senators, clearly want it more and deserve to win it.

Besides it's always a bit of a salve to the wounds to have your team beaten by the team that goes on to win the championship.

Normally I'd say that it's very difficult to close out series in the first clinching game, but I think the Ducks can do it if anyone can.

No matter what the outcome this has been some of the best hockey I've seen in a long time in the finals series. Very entertaining.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

This from an article by Pierre LaBRun

-The West is the best. One Western Conference GM told CP before the Cup final that he thought the Ducks would win in "four or five games because the top teams in this conference are that much better." He felt the President's Trophy winners in Buffalo and fellow East standouts such as Ottawa and New Jersey were overrated. He pointed to the fact most of the top goals-against averages belonged in the West this season while most of the goals were scored in the East. Defence and goaltending win championships. The GM felt Detroit, San Jose, and maybe even Vancouver could have beaten Ottawa in the final.

Echo's my thought, I had Ducks Sharks and Canucks as the possible finalist
cheers
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

What a boring series, there literally wasn't a second of actual excitement. The absolute best part of the entire thing was watching Selanne lifting the cup. How could a series between two extremely talented teams be so dull? Something about this whole playoffs seemed cheap, one 7 game series, no underdog team, no incredible playoff storyline. Next year had better be more interesting because that almost wasn't worth watching.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

yeah that was a terrible Cup Final. I found it worse than the Devils/Wings in 95.

garbage. wonder what the ratings are going to be.
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

levelheaded wrote:What a boring series, there literally wasn't a second of actual excitement. The absolute best part of the entire thing was watching Selanne lifting the cup. How could a series between two extremely talented teams be so dull? Something about this whole playoffs seemed cheap, one 7 game series, no underdog team, no incredible playoff storyline. Next year had better be more interesting because that almost wasn't worth watching.
WTF? You missed game 4? It was incredibly good entertainment. Game 5 was a huge embarassment for the Sens and terrible but game 4 was the complete opposite.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

was it just me or did the Senators being in the Cup final get a way smaller coverage and following than Edmonton last year and Calgary the year before?

I just didnt get the same impression. maybe because we are in the West but it seemed we heard about Edmonton or Calgary almost everytime we turned on TV, Radio or looked at the newspaper.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Well I think it's just not you. Hearing the ratings a few moments ago I think they were down 18 percent from last year and more from the year before.

thank you butthead. :|