Happy 30th Anniversary Star Wars: A New Hope

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

What Type of Star Wars Fan are you?

Original Trilogy Only - NO Special Edition
31%
Original Trilogy Only - Special Edition
No votes
Prequel Trilogy Only
No votes
All SIX Movies FAN
31%
I hate Ewoks
No votes
I hate hate Jar Jar Binks
8%
Princess Leia in gold bikini
31%

Total votes: 13

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Happy 30th Anniversary Star Wars: A New Hope

Post by mattola »

Todays marks the 30th anniversary of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Or as know to all Original Trilogy fans..... Star Wars.

on May 25th 1977 I was 7 years old and my brother took me to see this crazy movie. I had NO idea what was in store for me and I can tell you that I still get chills when I think abou the first time I saw this movie and the Star Destroyer came onto screen chasing the Rebel Blockade Runner "Tantive IV" I loved this movie so much I hid in the theatre and saw it twice. To this day I still watch the original trilogy with a sense of Awe for what was brought into my childhood imagination.

Thank you George Lucas. and I dont mean for the Prequels....

A Long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.......

It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her people and restore freedom to the galaxy...

So what are you? Take the Poll!!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

For sure the original trilogy. I can remember that we met after school 6 or 7 times in a row just to watch the first movie a friend had on tape. :mex:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
juhuu
AHL Prospect

Post by juhuu »

i defenitely understeand what so many people dilike jar jar...he is an asshole....
Vanekfan3
AHL Prospect

Post by Vanekfan3 »

still great movies .