Thank you Tom Larscheid

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

Thank you Tom Larscheid

Post by kingofrockstars »

Like many others, I grew up listening to you. I wish you the all the best.
The police never think it's as funny as you do
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Is his decision final?!?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I hope he takes John Shorthouse with him.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

If this is final. Thank you Tommy Gunn for all these years. It was a hoot. Sorry you couldnt call a Stanley Cup Win. one day we will have one and I hope you are somehow involved in seeing it happen.

all the best.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Someone care to fill me in on what happened to Tommy?
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

feritflame wrote:Someone care to fill me in on what happened to Tommy?
He said months ago that he would 99.9% retire after this year.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Comments by him and shorty indicate it's not final. I'm hoping he stays for another year.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Growing up I was never a fan of his. But as I matured I began to appreciate his enthusiasm, passion and love of the team. If he does in fact retire it will be sad but well deserved.

It was strange listening to a game without Robson doing play by play. I can't imagine how it will be without the dipsy doodles, beexsalents, bingo bango bongos and that sincere laugh!

Good work and good luck!
R.I.P. Luc.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

he and shorty have been the voice of the canucks ever since i started following them. it would be really sad to see him go...
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 8f39678e3b

SCENE & HEARD: Funny how it goes. Tom Larscheid balked and squawked the longest and loudest when the Canucks broadcast rights moved from CKNW to Team 1040 last summer. He suggested to his dearest friend in the business -- play-by-play man John Shorthouse -- that jumping stations might be too much of an adjustment.

Larscheid, approaching 67, indicated that after three decades of working in the Canucks radio booth he might have signed off for a final time.

Fast forward the tape: Larscheid not only completed his 30th year as the Canucks colour commentator Thursday night in Anaheim, he's revved to the point where he will sign a one-year contract extension, probably as early as next week.

The iron-clad clue is right there in front of us with the question: "Do you think for a fraction of an overtime second that Larscheid wouldn't get emotionally charged and say a passionate farewell if he was evacuating the premises after 30 years?"

Larscheid bobbed and weaved all week when Global TV and Sportsnet tried to corner him about retiring. He danced some more on his own station on Friday with mid-day host Rick Ball.

He'll be back. If not, there would have been some tearful nostalgia going on this week from the feisty little broadcaster who has never been able to hide his emotions. That's part of his charm.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I hope he's back - he makes listening to the games a little more fun. Who knows who could replace him.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

Cornuck wrote:I hope he's back - he makes listening to the games a little more fun. Who knows who could replace him.
Someone Bettmann sends down. :roll:

Thank you Tom for staying. :thumbs:
I Hart Luongo.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I don't mind Larschide, I not to thrilled when he talks while the play is going on . Who I really miss is Jim Robson. John Shorthouse is just a nightmare this guy lets the play go on for an unbelievably long time wwithout saying a damn thing. He's got the great voice but if he can't learn to call the play while the play is going on then he's gotta go.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Shorty and Tom are two of the best in the Biz, I remember hearing Jim Rome talk about a hockey clip with Shorty calling the canucks, and all Rome could talk about was how amazing radio hockey broadcasters are, and he was raving about Shorthouse.

I for one will be terribly sad to see Tom go if he does decided to leave us, buy from the looks of it we've got at least one more year of that great laugh of his. :lol: I Love the guy!
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

ververgaert wrote:I don't mind Larschide, I not to thrilled when he talks while the play is going on . Who I really miss is Jim Robson. John Shorthouse is just a nightmare this guy lets the play go on for an unbelievably long time wwithout saying a damn thing. He's got the great voice but if he can't learn to call the play while the play is going on then he's gotta go.
I don't mind Shorty, he's a good pro and a decent PBP guy. But I'll go against the grain with most here and say I've had enough of Larschied. He gets too carried away without giving me much true hockey insight. Passionate? Yes. Informed? Not so much. I'll wish the man a happy retirement and thank him for his service. But I'm ready for somebody new and better.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!