SeaWalk Run

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Mozy
MVP
MVP

SeaWalk Run

Post by Mozy »

Hey Guys, Im helping organize the SeaWalk Run which is a 10k Run thats taking place May 27th. Its to raise money for the Lions Gate Hospital Foundation and I thought there might be a few of you on here who might be interested in running or walking it. If not and you know anyone who would be interested please dont hesitate to forward them these details as I would love to have as many people come out for this run as possible.

Cheers,

FF

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Seawalk Run takes the runner on a beautiful return journey along the West Vancouver waterfront of English Bay. An out and back course starts at The Village of Park Royal South, and continues down a trail along the Capilano River through Ambleside Park and along the length of the scenic Centennial Seawalk to the turnaround at Dundarave pier.

Time: 7:30am

Date: May 27th, 2007

Start/End Point: The Village at Park Royal South.

Parking: Free parking will be available during the period of the run at Park Royal.

Breakfast: A runner's breakfast will be waiting for you at the finish line at The Village at Park Royal South.

Run Gear: An original design T-shirt is included in the registration fee.

Prizes: Great draw prizes will be available. Names of the winners will be posted at the finish line and online.

Awards: Awards will be presented some 15 minutes after the last finishes across the line at approximately 9:30am.

Registration Fee:
Adult $37
Youth (18 & Under) $25

Directions:

From Horseshoe Bay, follow Highway 1 eastbound to Taylor Way. Proceed south on Taylor Way to Park Royal.
From Downtown Vancouver, Park Royal is a 15 minute drive through Stanley Park and across the Lions Gate Bridge.
From Burnaby or the Fraser Valley, follow Highway 1 westbound. Proceed south on Taylor Way to Park Royal.

Run Map: For a map of the run course, see attached event brochure

Proceeds: Proceeds will go to the Lions Gate Hospital Foundation and youth projects.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

You can register at www.seawalkrun.com or just PM me and I can send you a pdf of the brochure and you can fax in your application.
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Just wondering if there is any interest at all?

And just a reminder that the online registration deadline is May 23rd.

I really hope some of you can make it out to this event it is really for a good cause.
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I participated in one a few (several?) years back. The seawall has to be one of the best places in the world to run an event like that.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

I was going to sign up for it until I realized it was my anniversary date and I might be hungover from a party the night before :lol: