UFC 69... gonna be Bieksallent!!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

UFC 69... gonna be Bieksallent!!

Post by tuzzi44 »

Do any of you guys watch UFC?? Well this fight card is full of good fights. Heres a link to the weight ins... Diego Sanchez and Josh Koscheck were shoving each other during the weigh ins...

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=5180
I dont do this very often but here are my prediction...

UFC Welterweight Championship
Matt Serra (169.5) vs Georges St-Pierre (169.5)
- - - St.Pierre is gonna knock him out 3 round

Josh Koscheck (170.5) vs. Diego Sanchez (168.5)
- - - Gonna be one hell of a fight... Sanchez by Unanimous Decision... this fight is going to be the best fight of the night... no doubt theres gonna be blood 8-)

Yushin Okami (184) vs. Mike Swick (184)
--- Swick. all the way, hs gonna catch him in the 2 round KO

Alan Belcher (184) vs. Kendall Grove (185.5)
- - - Kendall is one of my favorite fighters... the spider is gonna submit him

Leonard Garcia (154.5) vs. Roger Huerta (155)
- - - Pretty even I think, Garcia will get a split decision

Brad Imes (260.5) vs. Heath Herring (245)
- - - Imes has a HUGE weight advantage... if hes in shape, Imes is gonna crush him

Thales Leites (186) vs. Pete Sell (186)
- - - Pete sell, split decision

Marcus Davis (169.5) vs. Pete Spratt (170.5)
Davis is a really good boxer, only way spratt will win is keep Davis off his feet.

Josh Haynes (171) vs. Luke Cummo (170)
Gonna go with Cummo... he has a real unorthadox style of fighting
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I haven't watched it yet but I plan to, I'm so excited! I'm not going to check this thread untill after I've seen it as I don't want to know who won, but man this has ll the makings of a great fight night.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

OMG best UFC ... EVER!! :shock:
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Really? I haven't watched it yet but my friend told me not to bother as it was one of the most dispaointing he's ever watched.... Kendall Grove was a good Fight, Diego Sanchez beaten soundly, and GSP knocked out in 40 seconds? That's heartbreaking, I hate Matt "The Terra" Serra with a passion, so I'm glad I didn't see that one! GSP will have his revenge...
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Once people started to find out about GSP the gave him alot of respect in the Octogon, Matt Hughs included. I know from experiance that too much respect for your opponent means he has time to basicaly do what he wants. Terra didn't show this and as a result GSP didn't get to establish himself . A excellent game plan for Terra. GSP will be back.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

You know GSP will be back... he's got to be pissed after losing to a lucky punch.

man... just the thought of Serra walking around with that smug look on his face wearing the belt.... god damn I want to see GSP get a rematch, and bloody him up over 2 rounds and win with a submission after breaking his will :devil:

a little evil? Sure. I just can't stand that guy. I just don't like his stupid monkey face. (But I'll just have to sit here grovin' on it... simpsons reference...?)
Charlene Linden
AHL Prospect

Post by Charlene Linden »

fiine

i edited my post, cause it was POINTLESS

just like UFC
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Don't edit! :) Wish I'd seen it, glad to see there are so many other UFC fans out there!
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

There are at least a few of us out there who love the UFC. Did anyone catch the Nation Colide broadcast on spike? The upsets continue and some new contenders emerged.
R.I.P. Luc.
Charlene Linden
AHL Prospect

Post by Charlene Linden »

Badfish wrote:Don't edit! :) Wish I'd seen it, glad to see there are so many other UFC fans out there!
Brian said it was pointless to say....sheesh. Always telling me what to do

:P

Yes, lots of people like UFC...to each their own, but EW!! It grosses me out!

Such a girl.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Yes, UFC isn't such a girly thing, thats for sure. Although my girlfriend is hooked!

And yes Bartman, I watched Nations Collide.... how about that Cro-Cop fight??? Who saw that comming? An upset sure, but that sound a beating? very surprising. How Cro-Cop didn't do serious damage to his knee or ankle I don't know. The Big man can kick AND has excellent Judo skills, watch out Coutoure! 2 straight upsets, can he make it 3??
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I almost cried when Tito Ortiz beat the crap out of Ken Shamrock (again). :(

I used to be a huge WWF fan (I refuse to call it WWE! :mad: -), and so I have a soft spot for Shamrock.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

You know, I don't like Tito too much (although I'm starting to find I'm comming around... he still cries too much when he loses) But I've always HATED Shamrock. I was a big fan of the original UFC's with Royce Gracie, "The Tank" Abbot... That big Russian dude... Ivan something... forget the name.... and yes, Shamrock was in there. I just never liked his smug face or the way he carries himself, and then watching him coach on the Ultimate Fighter just sealed the deal for me. I respect the man because he's been there from the begining, but I was glad to see him retired. It made me a bit mad to see the huge love-fest after the fight too, considering all the talk before it. They supposedly couldn't stand each other, and then after tito knocks him out they're all buddy buddy. Usually it's good to see, but the hype for that one made it seem ridiculous!