Bring on the Stars!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Bring on the Stars!

Post by levelheaded »

With the OT win this afternoon we are playing Dallas in the first round guaranteed. Let's hope Turco can continue his streak of incredible playoff ineptitude. The two lowest scoring playoff teams in the western conference face off. Should be a tight series.

Division Champions and season points record.

GO CANUCKS GO GO CANUCKS GO GO CANUCKS GO
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Talk about things working out perfectly for the 'nucks! After watching that game today, a series against San Jose, even if the Canucks were to win, would take such an incredible physical toll, they would have been fodder for whoever in the 2nd round. Dallas is an infinitely better opponent for the Canucks.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I agree with the topic heading... Bring on the stars!!
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

This is the match up I wanted. Should be good games. Hopefully the games in Dallas will start a little earlier for us eastern folks.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Bring on Phoenix first!
Would love to see Louie tie Brodeur for wins this year. :drunk:
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

As I wrote on Offthepost.net:

I'm actually not thrilled with a Dallas matchup, even though it seems to be most fans' first choice (be careful what you wish for, etc.) Their record is basically identical to Vancouver's, and that was without two of their best players for long stretches of time -- i.e. they've been a very good team all season, and they play Vancouver particularly tough. I honestly would have preferred Detroit or Nashville as opponents, as I think the Canucks handle them best. (I also think both are going down in the first round, but we can save that for a predictions thread).

I don't buy into the Turco-will-choke theory, because the law of averages says that he'll right the ship sooner or later, and we know the Canucks are streak-busters extraordinaires.

All in all, pretty much every Western first-round matchup will be a toss-up, but I'm a little more apprehensive than most about Dallas... they play Vancouver's game, and that's not really a good thing. Every score will be 2-1 in OT (which also sucks if you live out east like I do!), and there's too many coin-flips involved in that for me to feel comfortable.
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

Jyrki21 wrote: I don't buy into the Turco-will-choke theory, because the law of averages says that he'll right the ship sooner or later, and we know the Canucks are streak-busters extraordinaires.
How come the law of averages didn't prevent Cloutier from getting injured again and again? Or Theodore regaining his MVP form? I am not predicting another meltdown from Turco, but I'd more surprised to see a superb performance than to see a decline in save percentage from his regular season.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Jyrki21 wrote:As I wrote on Offthepost.net:

I'm actually not thrilled with a Dallas matchup, even though it seems to be most fans' first choice (be careful what you wish for, etc.) Their record is basically identical to Vancouver's, and that was without two of their best players for long stretches of time -- i.e. they've been a very good team all season, and they play Vancouver particularly tough. I honestly would have preferred Detroit or Nashville as opponents, as I think the Canucks handle them best. (I also think both are going down in the first round, but we can save that for a predictions thread).

I don't buy into the Turco-will-choke theory, because the law of averages says that he'll right the ship sooner or later, and we know the Canucks are streak-busters extraordinaires.

All in all, pretty much every Western first-round matchup will be a toss-up, but I'm a little more apprehensive than most about Dallas... they play Vancouver's game, and that's not really a good thing. Every score will be 2-1 in OT (which also sucks if you live out east like I do!), and there's too many coin-flips involved in that for me to feel comfortable.
Jyrki you're forgetting one thing that is great about a match up with the Stars. You and I live in the east, and seeing as Dallas is in the central time zone the games that are in Dallas will start earlier for us so barring a super long overtime session, we won't have to stay up late watching the games.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

At least, who'll be an easy opponent ? I liked yesterdays game against the Sharks, they are capable of hitting away everyone. :mrgreen:

edit: or getting hit away by everyone and still got the win. yihaaaaaaa. 8-)
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Linden Is God wrote: Jyrki you're forgetting one thing that is great about a match up with the Stars. You and I live in the east, and seeing as Dallas is in the central time zone the games that are in Dallas will start earlier for us so barring a super long overtime session, we won't have to stay up late watching the games.
Ah, but ironically I changed my tune and started hoping for a western matchup once I was informed that upon my return to Ottawa (I'm in Vancouver now for the Jewish holiday of Passover) I'd be getting a sh!tload of work... you see, I wouldn't be able to duck out of the office for 7 p.m. starts. 10 p.m. I could probably get away with it.

Sleep will have to be sacrificed, but I knew that coming in.

I'm actually going to miss much of Game 1 because of travel back to Ottawa! :mad: And Game 2 is on the Sabbath (Friday night), so we'll see about that... :mad:

I was praying for Thurs./Sat. night starts. Stupid CBC.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I wonder if Lindros will be off injury reserve at any time during this series.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Honestly, nobody is going to be a cake-walk but if I had to choose my poison I would choose Dallas. Say what you will about Turco, but I say the pressure will be more on him than Louie. He's the one who needs to get the monkey off his back or he's gone from the Lone Star State. For that matter, Tippett must be feeling the burden of his own gorilla.

Vancouver, on the other hand, has no such pressure and comes in as the biggest X-factor. New coach, new goalie, new identity. Most facets of both teams are nearly identical but in the end it comes down to goaltending and I would take Louie over Turco any day.

I say Canucks in 6 and Bobby Lou gets on a roll. :D
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
sirensong
CC Rookie

Post by sirensong »

Does Turco's playoff failure's scare anyone? Hes such a good goalie hes bound to get it 2gether soon or later. But i cant see him outplaying Luongo either :D
In the words of Julius Caesar: "Veni, Vidi, Vici, Luongo". Translation: "I came, I saw, i was shut out by Luongo".
Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso »

The scariest thing about Turco is his puck handling and how it will set up their transition game.

Their D is also pretty sick. Norstrom scares me, as do Morrow and of course Modano. Sydor I don't think is as good as he used to be, but he is a winner. Boucher is solid at both ends, and Robidas has played well there.

The Canucks will have to play their very best to beat this team....
Eyes on the Prize