Devils Fire coach with one week left in season

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Devils Fire coach with one week left in season

Post by mattola »

wow. I would say they are the dumbest franchise ever but Lou has 3 Cups with them... wow

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=202500&hubname=nhl
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

You have to wonder what the players will think? You work hard for a coach and the team is winning and he gets fired? I'm not sure what message Lou wants to send to the players and future coach candidates? Could one logical conclusion be that Lou wants to take over the coaching duties permanently?

Is Calgary going to do the same now? ;)
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

If it was any other GM, I'd say "That's goddamned fricken crazy!"

But, not only has Lou done this sort of nutty thing before. The Devils actually WON the cup when he fired Robbie Ftorek down the stretch in 2000. (Of course, then he had Larry Robinson to take the reigns rather than himself . . . )

Given Lou's multiple-Stanley Cup victories and appearances in the finals, I'll hold back the eye-rolling for the time being.

But if Garth Snow pulled this, I'd be all over him. :lol:
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

That seems nuts, but I guess there is a good reason behind it. Larry Robinson stepped down last year because he suffered a mental breakdown, so I assume it's not because of anything Julien has done specifically... (unless everyone in that room hates him) I really can't understand why they did this. The timing is so off... There HAS to be something else going on here.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I sense the trap....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

Lou spotted Julien with his wife!

that's my story and I'm stickin with it
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Best take on it, from AV, when asked how secure his job might be: "Tamby told me Dave (Nonis) is a shitty coach, so I shouldn't be too worried".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

i'm really really glad that Nonis hired such a real guy for our coach, he tells it like it is, he doesn't care about the media and how you should be polite and all that jazz.

a real guy who just loves the game of hockey.

!!!
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

the guys at SNet suggested that the players answer to Lou andyways,Claude was not much more than a figurehead. Claude had lost the room (esp Brodeur), but he may not have had a fair shake at control of the team anyways. He either told Luo to get off of his back, or picked the wrong time to ask for a contract extension.

Lou might have some trouble finding a decent head coach in the room if he turns this into a habit.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!