Ok here's the deal with the site: PLEASE READ

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Brian CC wrote:huh? What problems? I've been checking it regularly for the last three days and it's been really quick.
Confirmed. I got no problems too so far...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

It has plugged up again for sure. Happened again today... BUT as I said not as bad as before.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:I tried to buy them but the vendor would not gauratee that the were game worn......
What did you want me to do - verify the semen and urine residue on the pants as mine??

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

thoughts on hosting...

Bandwidth usage seems quite high, with an average page size of 137kb (which is quite large).

Reducing the size of your template could improve this significantly. If you view the source code of the page much is taken up by the page header which could be substantially optimised. Unfortunately, a lot of this is taken up by the MTC banner. I would ask them to come up with a more efficient approach (they use an image map which is killing your page size, when some html tomfoolery could deliver exactly the same functionality.

As to price, somewhere like: http://www.solid-hosting.net/standard.html seems to do things at a little over half the cost of the proposal you got. There's a number of them around, especially in the US. I'd recommend into that as an option.

Love the site. Can't imagine you won't cover it with donations. What's total sitting at?
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I,ll also donate more If I know where and when.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Soapy wrote:I tried to buy them but the vendor would not gauratee that the were game worn......
What did you want me to do - verify the semen and urine residue on the pants as mine??

dp
Funny...but no! Why are you selling..you are a legend because of those pants !! Was it Joe Fortes I used to see you hangin out at?? Long time ago now....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:

dp
Funny...but no! Why are you selling..you are a legend because of those pants !! Was it Joe Fortes I used to see you hangin out at?? Long time ago now....
Hey Soapy....I have more than one pair! These ones don't fit me anymore!

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

If my bid wins....are we going cougar hunting???
I would expect the whole tour....tour de Pratt.......you are the wind beneath my wings..with leather pants on.....
-- Winston Churchill
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

DavidPratt_ wrote:These ones don't fit me anymore!
Qu'elle surprise.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:If my bid wins....are we going cougar hunting???
I would expect the whole tour....tour de Pratt.......you are the wind beneath my wings..with leather pants on.....
I was thinking about it until I remembered that you had the audacity to suggest that JamesOwnsSam and I were the SAME person (just because I sent him some Messier photos from my personal Internet account)! This cougar-hunter roams solo!

dp

Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Ok, yesterday the site was basically screwed ALL DAY. I tore a strip off Ipower, and I will be moving the site. I've had enough.

The search for a new host will begin immediately, as the hosting for this site runs out in May.

Here is an example of the crap I get everytime I try and get answers from Ipower:
Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Cindy R.'
Cindy R.: Thank you for contacting IPOWER Live Chat. How can I help you?
Brian: My site is on host212...the databases have been crashing all day...
Cindy R.: I'll be happy to assist you.
Brian: And I can't even log into my control panel...it takes forever, and then finally when it loads and I click on anything it says the session has expired.
Brian: there is something seriously wrong with this server, and there has been for a while. I am not renewing my account in May...I've had enough
Cindy R.: We are aware of the problem you are facing.
Cindy R.: There is an issue with the server that you are hosted on.
Cindy R.: It is being addressed by our system administrators.
Cindy R.: Please allow some time for the resolution to be applied.
Cindy R.: I apologize for any inconveniences this might have caused.
Brian: same thing thats been happening for months, and I keep being told it will be resolved...as I said I will NOT be renewing my account.
Brian: I would like a senior tech to follow up with me and tell me what the issue was/is.
Cindy R.: Okay, I would escalate your issue to our Level 2 techs right now , Please hold for a moment I would escalate your issue right now.
Cindy R.: Thank you for holding. I appreciate your patience.
Cindy R.: I have forwarded your issue to our Level 2 techs, you would soon get the reply form them at your registered email address.
Cindy R.: The reference number for your question is 070401-001060
Cindy R.: Please provide me the alternative email address so that they can get back to you
Brian: brian@canuckscorner.com
Cindy R.: okay
Meh....
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Hey Brian,

Pull the trigger and move as soon as you are able. This company clearly can't support your needs.

As for funds...if you put out a donation request and a suggested amount I'm sure you'll get a good response from the regulars on this site. Mabye just keep an update of how much you need and how much has been donated. A list of who has pitched in would encourage people to help out as well.
R.I.P. Luc.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Bartman wrote:Hey Brian,

Pull the trigger and move as soon as you are able. This company clearly can't support your needs.

As for funds...if you put out a donation request and a suggested amount I'm sure you'll get a good response from the regulars on this site. Mabye just keep an update of how much you need and how much has been donated. A list of who has pitched in would encourage people to help out as well.
Thanks,

My goal, as it always has been is to cover the costs myself. If I decide that a more stable and robust host is needed, we do a fund raisng drive for this year only. After that I hope the ads on the site will renew and cover any future costs.

I am looking at a few options. Right now I just need some time to actually talk to a sales person and get some confidence that more money will mean better service and a more stable site. That old saying of getting what you paid for is starting to ring true here.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
I was thinking about it until I remembered that you had the audacity to suggest that JamesOwnsSam and I were the SAME person (just because I sent him some Messier photos from my personal Internet account)! This cougar-hunter roams solo!

dp
Those were good times.....I was taking a lot of heat on that one....its all fun & games until you are found to be siding with the enemy(JOS11 in this case)...funny stuff...good luck on the hunt !!
-- Winston Churchill
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:

dp
Those were good times.....I was taking a lot of heat on that one....its all fun & games until you are found to be siding with the enemy(JOS11 in this case)...funny stuff...good luck on the hunt !!
I'm just kidding by the way about Jamesownsam. I always roam solo when I'm hunting cougars. But if I was looking for a wingman, you'd be there buddy.

dp