What do you usually eat while watching a Canucks game?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

What do you usually eat while watching a Canucks game?

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

During a Hockey Night in Canada I usually a pizza or something to that effect ( so I haven't had much pizza lately >_>)

During regular weekend games I'll usually just eat dinner before hand and they maybe some chips...just little snacks as they aren't usually "events"

Though playoffs... it's almost always BBQ burgers/smokies/steaks what have you.... playoffs are something special .. the days are longer, the suns out, nice and warm.... sitting on the porch listening to Dave and Don on the pre game show... then blasting HNIC on the TV.... good stuff.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

If I'm at the game definitely beer and pizza. If I'm watching the game on TV at my place, I usually have some chicken wings and some ice-cold Stellas, followed by a few Crown and cokes.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Oh jeez, I could never eat at the game, much too expensive.. I just go to one of the many fine restaurants near GM Place.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

32 year old Glenughie, with a hand crafted ginger ale chase. Alaska King crab, fontina cheese fried in grape seed oil sprinkled with fresh organic lemon and basil.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

if it's the real dp, when he's at the game, he probably has most things free anyways...

as for me, i haven't watched a live game in about 4 years...

i miss Vancouver
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.
Ropesauce
CC Rookie

Post by Ropesauce »

trevor corey wrote:32 year old Glenughie, with a hand crafted ginger ale chase. Alaska King crab, fontina cheese fried in grape seed oil sprinkled with fresh organic lemon and basil.
That sounds awesome,I'm comin over for the next game (insert emoticon licking lips here)
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

Sure! I'm in Victoria Pratt can come too if he brings those comp. Salmon Kings tickets that he promised me like two years ago. None of that cheap Crown Royal though :shock: I'd be embarased if my nieghbors saw the empty bottle in my recycling bin.
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Jelly wrote:if it's the real dp, when he's at the game, he probably has most things free anyways...

i miss Vancouver
You'd be surprised how little I attend sporting events. I do have season's tickets to the Lions....

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Jelly wrote:if it's the real dp, when he's at the game, he probably has most things free anyways...

i miss Vancouver
You'd be surprised how little I attend sporting events. I do have season's tickets to the Lions....

dp
I know about you not going to the 'actual event' & it used to kill me...I couldn't understand where you could come up with your own opinion without going to the game....you know..the "inside info" which is hard to come by & the stuff you get can't be aired ...I thought you didn't go to gams cuz of BB.....any hooooo.....then I started listening to the idiots and they were all saying the same thing....I could barely read the paper in the morning....unless it was a new angle on some negative point ..there was all the same BS.....I still think that you need to be at the events but I like the way separate yourself cuz all of us fans can't go to every game for free..( lucky prick//& you don't even go !) & you sound like one of us.....smedlaps...smucks..you know..the people that can't make it out to games..the shut ins....the blind....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
juhuu
AHL Prospect

Post by juhuu »

popcorn....
Vanekfan3
AHL Prospect

Post by Vanekfan3 »

m&m s of course
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Hey Soapy,

What's shaking brother?? Are you pumped about the upcoming Canucks season?

As for not attending sporting events - I have attended a number of BC Lions games this past summer. I do prefer to kick back at my place and just have a few cold brews ready in the fridge while I'm waiting for the pizza to arrive.

dp

Soapy wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:

i miss Vancouver

dp
I know about you not going to the 'actual event' & it used to kill me...I couldn't understand where you could come up with your own opinion without going to the game....you know..the "inside info" which is hard to come by & the stuff you get can't be aired ...I thought you didn't go to gams cuz of BB.....any hooooo.....then I started listening to the idiots and they were all saying the same thing....I could barely read the paper in the morning....unless it was a new angle on some negative point ..there was all the same BS.....I still think that you need to be at the events but I like the way separate yourself cuz all of us fans can't go to every game for free..( lucky prick//& you don't even go !) & you sound like one of us.....smedlaps...smucks..you know..the people that can't make it out to games..the shut ins....the blind....

Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

I am really looking forwad to the new Canucks season of course, but I Can easily survive this last couple of weeks with the BC Lions and the Yankees...
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Beef jerky and red bull ;)
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

Barley