Sopel

Do you collect hockey cards or other hockey/Canucks memorabilia? Dicuss your collections in this forum and network with other collectors.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Sopel

Post by sk8er »

So, what do you think? Does Sopel still suck?

Has his play improved to the point where he actually fits into AVs scheme?
I have to say that so far I am pleasantly surprised by his play, although I didn't see tonights game.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Glad to have these sucker back in the collectors corner. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

I'm more than happy to have him back. He seems to be fitting in nicely as a number 5 D-man with Lukas Krajicek. He's better without the pressure of the top 4, and I don't find myself holding my breath each time he touches the puck as I did with his predecessors, yannick or rory.

He's got a rocket of a shot when he gets it on target, and doesn't shy away from jumping up when the opportunity arises. They guy's sheer enthusiasm for the game and playing here again can't be anything but good in the locker room as well.

Plus, did anybody catch thee PPV game last sunday? He had the mic on him for the game, and besides being a very vocal communicator on the ice, he seems to have an "earnest" singing voice as well.

Happy to see the Sopes back in town. Always room for a good prarie farm boy on a hard working team IMO.