Job Opportunity at the TEAM 1040

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Job Opportunity at the TEAM 1040

Post by DavidPratt_ »

All you kids looking to get into the world of Sports Broadcasting:

Pratt & Taylor Show Intern Application Guidelines:

This is an unpaid, 8-week long, part-time, voluntary intern position designed to gain you valuable sports media and general broadcasting experience through helping out on TEAM 1040’s Pratt and Taylor afternoon show.

Pratt and Taylor Show Intern Requirements:

18 years of age or older.

Be currently enrolled, or have plans/interest in enrolling in a post secondary broadcast/ journalism program.

Be available to work on-site at the TEAM 1040 studios a minimum of 3 days a week, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 12p to 7 pm during the 8–week intern program.

Possess strong sports and general current events knowledge.

Able to thrive in a challenging, fast paced, team-oriented, highly creative environment.

If this sounds like you please email your resume to team1040jobs@yahoo.ca

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Post by nuxfanindallas »

Okay man...we get it: you really want us to believe you're Pratt...and to be frank, it would be cool if you were. I'm obviously highly skeptical, but maybe you could convince all of us by throwing a shout out to Canucks Corner on the air.

I may be extremely gullible, but it's worth a shot :)
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

I'm not sure you want that 'shout out'...every JOS11 would troll the board...also he is the Fake Pratt...just the way we like him...Pratt has said many times that he can't do anything on air about the board...if it is him or isn't him...

Hey Pratt, you forgot to mention in your requirements...if you are a male..don't bother...if you are female, feel free to include photo....
18 yrs or older...you are a dirty old man !! ;)
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:I'm not sure you want that 'shout out'...every JOS11 would troll the board...also he is the Fake Pratt...just the way we like him...Pratt has said many times that he can't do anything on air about the board...if it is him or isn't him...

Hey Pratt, you forgot to mention in your requirements...if you are a male..don't bother...if you are female, feel free to include photo....
I'm the Fake Pratt and I'm just letting everyone know about an opportunity at the TEAM 1040. It is a legitimate opportunity and if anyone is interested, simply apply by emailing at the address I gave above.

As for requirements....hehehe.....yes, I guess if some guys want to waste their time applying go ahead. As for other applicants, please provide a photo (headshot or other) and any statistical data (height, weight and other).

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

DavidPratt_ wrote:As for other applicants, please provide a photo (headshot or other) and any statistical data (height, weight and other).

dp
With comments like that, it's obvious why you have to be so clear about not being the "Real" Pratt. (Who's show I called in too the other day for the first time, btw)
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Badfish wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:As for other applicants, please provide a photo (headshot or other) and any statistical data (height, weight and other).

dp
With comments like that, it's obvious why you have to be so clear about not being the "Real" Pratt. (Who's show I called in too the other day for the first time, btw)
Completely agree. Not that I'm David Pratt or anything. For all those who don't think it's a big deal to be in the media and then 'branching out' and writing your own material, have a look at what Dave Chernican from News 1130 went through:
Dave C. wrote:After taking a few days to think about it, I've decided to post a quick reply as to why I eliminated my blog from this great site.

What comprimised my position at work was the person who sent the article to Spectors Rumors. At no time in my blog did I say the Morrison for Seabrook rumor was a hoax. I mentioned that it was a non-rumor. I mentioned that there was nothing to it. But when my boss sees that News 1130's Dave Chernichan apologizes for the hoax, then that not only hurts the credibility of my station, and myself as a journalist. Especially when neither happened.

What bothers me the most is, my blog had nothing to do with News 1130 Sports whatsoever. It was my opinion, but when it's posted on Spectors like that, it doesn't look really good. Second, I have my livelihood to think about here, and after a discussion with my boss, we both decided that it was best if I no longer write the blog, because no matter what, my writings would be associated with News 1130.

Dave Chernichan
So yeah. I'm not Dave Pratt. Period. Just call me Donny Taylor. Chernichan shouldn't have used his real name or put a whole bunch of disclaimers on his blog about how the opinions stated were not those of News 1130.

dp

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:I'm not sure you want that 'shout out'...every JOS11 would troll the board...also he is the Fake Pratt...just the way we like him...Pratt has said many times that he can't do anything on air about the board...if it is him or isn't him...

You wouldn't believe the photos we're getting for the intern jobs....

dp

WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

Haha,

Pratty, Pratty, Pratty.

That is all. :lol:
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

She seems nice....
If you need a hand sorting through the 'applications' I can make myself available....
-- Winston Churchill
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:She seems nice....
If you need a hand sorting through the 'applications' I can make myself available....
Soapy, we've got it covered brother. ;)

Damn I love my job!

dp

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Just trying to help a brother in need.......you lucky bastard....
Hey how "bout those Canucks...oh never mind...you seem busy....
:)
-- Winston Churchill