Gameday: Canada vs. Czech Republic

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Will Canada blow out the Czechs or will it be a close game?

Blowout
14%
Close game
86%
Czechs win
No votes

Total votes: 7

Mozy
MVP
MVP

Gameday: Canada vs. Czech Republic

Post by Mozy »

Kinda off topic for the thread but thats becasue theres still a little time till the actual game but did anyone see that czech player get literally crumpled into the boards and there was blood everywhere bu tno penalty call at all?

And Canada will most likey destroy the Czechs, but i have a feeling because of the day off they might be a little slow out of the starting gate

**Sorry to steal your poll for this thread Jovorock
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Doesn't matter who starts the game thread, as long as it gets started feritflame.

I can't see this game a blowout like against the Finns, this should be a good game, very close.

That Czech play was No21 or 25 and he was back for the third period, he was in the penalty box with a big black mark on the tip of his nose.

Go Canada Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

i call a close game. it's going to tough to call. the czechs have marek schwarz and rostlisav olesz, but we still have more depth.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

If not for Schwartz playing a great game it might of been a blow out. Total team and system game for the Canadians.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

We had an unbeleiveable amount of chances right in fron tof the net in teh third period, at least 5 or 6 chances, but schwarz was amazing, nonetheless we won and thats all that matters however i seem to get the feelign that all canada is doing is using that backdoorplay over and over again, they are getting way too predictable, on the other hand our defence was mammoth, only allowing 4 shots :shock: through 2 periods, thats nuts :shock:
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Ya gotta give kudos to the Giants' goaltender, Schwartz. Other than that one time when he was undressed by an exceptionally patient Bergeron, he played one heckofagame. Certainly the best goaltending we've seen so far in the tournament. He had our Junior squad (especially Crosby) shaking their heads again and again . . .

It's nice to know that this year's squad can even overcome a stellar performance by the other side's netminder.

But limiting the potent offence of the Czechs to four shots in two periods . . . yikes!
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

I havent had a chance to see what the Russkies goalie is like this year, does he pose much of a threat?
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch