Who are the Card Collectors here???

Do you collect hockey cards or other hockey/Canucks memorabilia? Dicuss your collections in this forum and network with other collectors.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Hey guys, just have to tell you about this box that I got this weekend off of ebay!! I bought a box of 06-07 Black Diamond (one of my favorite sets every year by the way).... and get this... I pulled a Evgeni Malkin rookie gems quad, a Jordan Staal Rookie gems quad, a Jordan Staal rookie gems quad ruby #/100..... AND a Crosby quad and an Ovechkin quad!!!
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Wow - you're not going to find one much better than that! Nice pulls.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Yeah I was pretty suprised..... Upper Deck must have made a huuuuuge mistake putting that box together.... pretty sweet though. I wanna get the Malkin rookie graded but im not sure if I could part with it long enough to send it away :?
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Get it graded - you won't regret it in the long run.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

how did you get those rookies?? did you have them when you were young, not knowing who he was or did you buy them after everyone knew who he was??
... I started in collecting cards in 1974/75 so I would have been 8 or 9 ... used know all the players stats - height, weight goals etc. When Gretzky started getting big I was already in full swing with hockey cards and had hundreds of them. As far as the Gretzky rookies went I actually got them given to me by a guy I played soccer with about 20 years ago ... kinda a lucky break there ... but all his other player cards I got myself opening up the Opee-Chee Packs (sp).

All my allowance every week went into cards as well .... back then though they were only 10,20,25 cents a pack ... lol. Not like now as they can be rediculously expensive ... it kinda has taken the fun out of it now cause only the serious collector can really afford it ... not so much for kids any more ... also there are so many series out .... back then there was only 1 - OPee Chee.

Grizz
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

tuzzi44 wrote:Hey guys, just have to tell you about this box that I got this weekend off of ebay!! I bought a box of 06-07 Black Diamond (one of my favorite sets every year by the way).... and get this... I pulled a Evgeni Malkin rookie gems quad, a Jordan Staal Rookie gems quad, a Jordan Staal rookie gems quad ruby #/100..... AND a Crosby quad and an Ovechkin quad!!!
Man I would love to start spending money on cards again ... making me very envious. lol Just too many things now with family and kids ... Thats some great pulls there though ... get 'em in some plastic !!

It be kinda cool to have a collectors section started here on Canucks Corner so we can chat about cards have discussions and show off pictures of great cards. Love to see those you have there 'tuzzi.

Maybe if there is enough interest we could get Brian to have a section for it. It would be a unique feature to the website. I'll have to pull out some old Gary Smith, Don Lever, Greg Boddy and Gerry O'Flaherty cards ... lol.

Grizz
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

A collectors section would be a good idea on here - a place for Canuck collectors to chat, show off and trade.

Also, collecting doesn't have to be expensive. You can get nice cards on eBay for under 5 bucks no problem. Especially the older ones. I just got a 77-78 mint Canucks set for $1.66 + $3 shipping.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I use ebay a ton for getting the majority of my cards... because of the prices but mostly because its convenient for me.... the closest descent card shop around here is a few hours away.

A collectors section would be very cool.... especially with the age range of people we got on here... I would love to see some of the older cards you guys have. i pretty much started into it seriously in the early 90's, so i havent had much exposure to anything earlier than that.... Good idea Grizz
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Maybe we should give Brian a PM to see if he would be in to setting up a "corner" for the collectors ... I am sure he reads most of the posts and sees whats going on though ... Brian are you there ?? Thoughts ??

Grizz
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

SWEET! Thanks Brian!!
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Alright! We have a new section! (Guess Brian does read all the posts ;) )
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I sent him a PM this morning.... 8-)
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Yeah...no...I don't read all the posts. I do have to maintain some form of life. Great idea guys, I hope you enjoy it.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

The last cards I bought at the hobby store were Dennis Ververgaert's . I got every season from his rookie to his last year as a Capital. Cost me about 7.00 $ .

Like Grizz I started in 73-74 as a little guy and spent all my money on OPEE-CHEE cards. Had tons! When I left home at 16 my Dads new wife tossed a banana box full of cards in the trash. What a waste.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Thanks Brian !

Grizz