2nd annual Canucks Corner Meet & Greet Announcement

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

Brian CC
Site Admin

2nd annual Canucks Corner Meet & Greet Announcement

Post by Brian CC »

Ok folks, now that life has settled down a little, I am starting to think about the meet & greet for this year.

I am targetting Saturday February 3rd, an away game on HNIC versus the Flames as the date of this event.

I have two venues in mind.

a) We can do it at the Shark Club downtown Vancouver again.

b) There is a bar in Burnaby called the Soho, and they have a nice big screen there and all their beers on tap are $3.75. It i also along the skytrain route for those who wish to partake in a few beverages.

First of all, if you plan on attending let's get it rolling here. Please state your preference for a venue as well.

Last year's event was a great start, let's make this years even bigger and better!
Last edited by Brian CC on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

I'd vote in favour of a downtown location, due to the proximity to certain establishments that I have been known to patronize and which cater to . . . ahem . . . high quality gentlemen's entertainment.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Meerschaum wrote:I'd vote in favour of a downtown location, due to the proximity to certain establishments that I have been known to patronize and which cater to . . . ahem . . . high quality gentlemen's entertainment.
Have they renamed the private room there as the 'Meers Room" yet? So i take it we can count you in Freddie?
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I'm in, and I'd vote for a downtown location but I'm just biased. Anywhere near a skytrain is perfect for me, and the $3.75 pints does sound rather interesting... I'll leave it to you guys.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Ok...I am going to pick a new date. There is a UFC pay per view that night and the Canucks game will be secondary in any bar, and I probably won't be able to make a reservation...

I am now thinking Friday, March 9th, an away game versus San Jose.

I want to choose an away game, so that those who go to games can attend. I want to choose a Friday or Saturday night game so those of us who do attend don't have to worry about working the next day. ;)
kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

Post by kingofrockstars »

soho
The police never think it's as funny as you do
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Make sure you look at the t.v. really closely when they show the crowd.... I will be attending that game. :D
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

why would a UFC ppv come before a nucks game.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:why would a UFC ppv come before a nucks game.
Because the bar pays big dollars to show it, and believe me the bar will be packed with people coming to watch the fights.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

UFC: 67 would have been a great one too, but St.Pierre pulled out

for those not following UFC, George St.Pierre just beat Matt Hughes for the middleweight title in UFC 65, huge win for the Canadian over Hughes, who'd only lost 1 fight in UFC before, winning something silly like 15 of 16 fights. GSP destroyed him, which was great to watch. Good ol' Canadian kid! Even if he is from Quebec...

anyways, sorry for the off-topic, but I just love UFC :)

The 9th would be fine for me as well, so wherever works for the rest of you
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

So, when is this happening?
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:So, when is this happening?
Hey James,

When you show up for the meet and greet, what are you going to wear? Will it be the '94 Rangers home jersey (the same type worn when Messier held the Cup up after the Canucks lost in game 7) or will you wear your autographed Messier Canucks jersey with the big 'C' and #11 (Wayne Maki's old number by the way) and 'Messier' on the back?

Either way, I think everyone will know who you are.
:roll:
dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Oh, I think it would be the OIlers ( since Mooseapoloza is coming up)

and I think the whole Wayne Maki thing is blown out of porportion.... I mean the day of the press confrence the canucks gave him a jersey with the number 11 on it.

Not to mention it was Pat Quinn ( Maki's old teammate) who gave him the 11....plus it wasn't officially retired.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

you can tuck it in on one side like the Great One....... ;)
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Messier was indeed a great player.