WHAT TOOK AV SO LONG

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

dal
AHL Prospect

WHAT TOOK AV SO LONG

Post by dal »

Heading into training camp everyone knew what the Canucks top two lines should look like. Forget this bull shit about everyone has got a clean slate, anyone who knew alittle bit about hockey and the Canucks knew you must put Cooke-Morrison-Naslund together. They also knew that Nonnis brought in Bulis to play with the Twins.

So my question is why did it take 28 games before our coach finally decided to try this. AV has gone through 100 different line combo's before this. Don't you think at some point during those first 28 games he would thought gee how about Cooke- Morrison- Naslund and D-Sedin-H Sedin-Bulis, wow that sound good.

All this talk that the Canucks offense is back the past 3 games, well it would not have been lost if AV could run this team the way it should be.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

If I'm not mistaken the Cooke-Morrison-Naslund line was tried for a brief stint, maybe even in-game, a while back and didn't click. This time around I hope they stick because they looked very promising, it brings back memories of a more offensive time in our past.

As for Bulis, we all know that a retarded, three legged, 12 year old pet poodle could score 15-20 with these guys. Simply put, he wasn't doing anything that would give him a shot on that line, while Pyatt was making good on the chances he had. Looking at Bulis' recent goals, I'm a believer that even Burrows would be hard pressed to miss those chances. That being said, if he continues to score like that, why not? He's not scoring anywhere else, so as long as he finishes more chances than anyone else with those guys he should stay.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

All this talk that the Canucks offense is back the past 3 games, well it would not have been lost if AV could run this team the way it should be.
I wouldn't necessarily go as far as saying that we never would have had offensive problems but it definitely is looking better now with these line combo's ... lets also see that the offense is back for good before we can say that that was the problem.

Scoring goals sometimes is a lot more that just line combo's ... its about players confidence individually, in a unit and as a team ... nagging injuries ... pp time ... lots of things. Lets hope though that everything is lined up for a while to see some goals go in on a regular basis. Big games coming up.

Grizz