If the Canucks are 10th or below by the trading deadline....

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

If the Canucks are 10th or below by the trading deadline....

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Luongo should go.

He is getting paid close to seven million dollars a year, will soon have a save percentage lower than .900 and he has never won anything! Never even been to the playoffs once!

He gets out played by the other goalies almost every night....( last sunday is a great example) doesn't matter if it's Theadore, Kipper, Roloson, Fernadaz, Hasek, Khabibulin, Toskala.

He is the highest paid goaltender in the league, yet I wouldn't even call him top 5...hell maybe not even top 10..

Of course Nonis has pretty much no guts to do anything like this, wish he did though.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I think you should leave
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Kowch
CC Veteran

Re: If the Canucks are 10th or below by the trading deadline

Post by Kowch »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Luongo should go.

He is getting paid close to seven million dollars a year, will soon have a save percentage lower than .900 and he has never won anything! Never even been to the playoffs once!

He gets out played by the other goalies almost every night....( last sunday is a great example) doesn't matter if it's Theadore, Kipper, Roloson, Fernadaz, Hasek, Khabibulin, Toskala.

He is the highest paid goaltender in the league, yet I wouldn't even call him top 5...hell maybe not even top 10..

Of course Nonis has pretty much no guts to do anything like this, wish he did though.
You're a retard

Seriously.

Luongo isn't being outplayed by the other goalies. It's our forwards that make the other goalie look like a friggen Vezina trophy candidate game in and game out.

Our guys are getting (on average) 30+ shots a night... but they're all low percentage chances. How many times to we have to see Burrows try the wrap-around along the ice (someone needs to teach him how to get the puck up off the ice) when the goalie already has his leg down? How many times do we have to see Cooke/Bulis/Kesler wiff on a shot or try some lame-ass play? How many times do we have to see stupid behind-the-back passes or tape to tape passes to the opposition? Or see Linden stop skating and try swatting a puck that he needs at least 4 more strides to get to?

True... we're getting shots on net, but they're never going to go in. We can play all the puck possession minutes we want but it doesn't mean squat unless the guys can score.

How can we have a big guy like Taylor Pyatt not in front of the net? Why can't we have anyone in front of the net? Why are we always shooting from the periphery? Why do the guys keep taking the puck to the net then lose possession because there are 6 guys in one little area in front of the opposition net? Some of our forwards *cough*Bulis*cough* leave their assignments to try and break out of the zone before we even have control of the puck.

And yet you want to lay the blame at Luongos feet. Who, BTW, kept us in the game last night with some fantastic saves. You might want to learn a little about the game of hockey and what it takes to win before you make your next post.
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

It doesn't help either that you can't even count the number of goals that have gone off our own players stick or skate on two hands anymore!!
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Can we just lock this thread already? Obviously just an attempt to inflame.

Many more posts like this and I'm hoping you get tossed from the forums man

Obviously this would never happen, nor is it even our problem. Luongo is not the issue here. Also, just like it's next to impossible to trade bulis or chouinard after just signing them in the offseason, you can't trade your franchise goaltender after 25 games with a new team that's playing like shit.

I shouldn't have even wasted this much time on the subject. I'm done with this thread.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Yes the Canucks are having trouble scoring, we all knew they would...but Luongo was meant to steal some games for us, which he hasn't.

The Canucks D for the most part is letting up around 20-22 shots per game and Luongo always lets in 2-3.

This is not the goalie we paid for.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

You're a joke, buddy.

Luongo is worth every dime. If we start capitalizing on some chances, and that's a big IF, we will win games 3-2 and everyone will be awed by how Luongo steals the game for us.

If we want him to steal it, we have to give him the gun, ski mask and getaway vehicle. All he has now is a banana in his pocket, and he's NOT happy to see you.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

most games played, 3rd in wins, 5th in shots against..... I'd hate to see where we would be with someone else in net.

If you just want to slam the players, go to an opposing team's forum. Offer up some better alternatives - if you can.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Yes the Canucks are having trouble scoring, we all knew they would...but Luongo was meant to steal some games for us, which he hasn't.

The Canucks D for the most part is letting up around 20-22 shots per game and Luongo always lets in 2-3.

Yeah, this is complete and utter bullshit and you know it.

Move along troll.
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

Worst board member ever.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Kowch wrote:
JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:Yes the Canucks are having trouble scoring, we all knew they would...but Luongo was meant to steal some games for us, which he hasn't.

Yeah, this is complete and utter bullshit and you know it.

Move along troll.
What is bullshit about it? It's true...look at the scoresheets.

Yes Luongo is 3rd in wins, he's also second in L's

He isn't in the top 20 in Save percentage, he isn't in the top 20 with goals against average.
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

NO we should not trade Luongo, but...

Luongo has not been playing like a 6.5 million dollar goalie this season. He is 23rd in the league in save percentage barely over 0.900 and the team is one of the better defensive teams in the league. On the other hand, Kiprusoff, Roloson, Backstrom are in the top 5 in the leagues in save %. He is lower than Fernandez and tied with Theodore. That's not good enough. Also, Nonis spent the money on him to win the 2-1 and 3-2 games. What really bugs me is that the team has lost so many one goal games and they aren't getting to the overtime period to earn at least a point. He hasn't even really "stood on his head" this season to win us some points (not just one big save but a great entire game), but yet he has lost the team a couple with poor goals. I'm tired of Jim Hughsonj saying "Luongo has got to shut the door now". The team is always playing behind suffering demoralizing first goals by the other team when they have dominated. I guess I just have very high expectations of our goalie who is supposed to be top 5 in the league. He can play better.

NO Luongo is NOT the problem, but he has not been the solution/difference maker that I thought he would be.
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

Well said, I agree 100%. Luongo always struck me as the kind of guy who did better when he was getting shelled and staying active. He isn't facing the constant shots that he did in Fla and is being required to play a different game. I'm sure he will adjust but it almost seems like the Canucks system is wrong for him. I know we don't really have the talent to run and gun, but I'd like to see them open it up and play a little more recklessly. Personally I thought the reason you go out and get a guy like Luongo and pay him the big bucks is so that he can compensate for defensive deficiencies and getting hung out to dry on occasion. He has been average this year when this team relies on him to be consistently stellar if it has any chance of winning.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Post by MeesterFeester »

You know what they should really do is get rid of nobody's, you all know who i'm talking about . I'm talking about the Chouinards and the Greens , Bulis' maybe they will actually start to score. If anybody thinks that Luongo is the problem should go back to watching Polo , just think what happen Jason King , now there was a go to guy if I never saw one. Look at are defense, Bieksa , I never heard of the guy before this year , he is a nobody !!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Yes, with a team full of star power we can win the cup for sure! Let's become the 2002 Detroit Red Wings!

Oh...the cap....right...