Dave Chernichan

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

Brian CC
Site Admin

Dave Chernichan

Post by Brian CC »

Some of you may have noticed that Dave Chernichan's blog has been removed from the site.

Dave will no longer be doing the blog for the site, and asked me to remove it. He had some issues with his employer that forced him to decide not to contribute here any longer.

He regrets having to pull the plug, and wishes the site all the best.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Brian and Dave, I'm sorry to hear this. I liked the blog as I felt it gave me added insight one doesn't normally get from other sources. Hopefully things will change in the future so Dave will be able to resurrect the blog here once again. Good luck and thanks.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Ya it was great! I enjoyed his posts, it made a good yin to Benjamin's Yang.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

As one can understand his job is more important than this site, and apparently he was in quite a bit of hot water there for doing this, so I don't think he'll be back. He has said he will continue to read the site...
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Brian CC wrote:As one can understand his job is more important than this site, and apparently he was in quite a bit of hot water there for doing this, so I don't think he'll be back. He has said he will continue to read the site...
It's a big issue, particularly for media employers, who can sense liability if the opinion of a member of the media is stated on a non-endorsed website. I can understand Dave's concerns.

Of course, when you start a trade rumour on your blog and everyone associates your blog with your regular day job with News 1130 you're definitely going to be in hot water. I think we were all talking about what happened when Dave admitted the whole 'Morrison for Seabrook' piece was a hoax.

Dave could have just put a disclaimer after all of his messages and denied that he was really Dave Chernichan. :roll:

Either that or he could have just called himself 'MediaMan' or something like that.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Well, thanks for the great contributions! It was good while it lasted :)
Dave C.
AHL Prospect

Post by Dave C. »

After taking a few days to think about it, I've decided to post a quick reply as to why I eliminated my blog from this great site.

What comprimised my position at work was the person who sent the article to Spectors Rumors. At no time in my blog did I say the Morrison for Seabrook rumor was a hoax. I mentioned that it was a non-rumor. I mentioned that there was nothing to it. But when my boss sees that News 1130's Dave Chernichan apologizes for the hoax, then that not only hurts the credibility of my station, and myself as a journalist. Especially when neither happened.

What bothers me the most is, my blog had nothing to do with News 1130 Sports whatsoever. It was my opinion, but when it's posted on Spectors like that, it doesn't look really good. Second, I have my livelihood to think about here, and after a discussion with my boss, we both decided that it was best if I no longer write the blog, because no matter what, my writings would be associated with News 1130.

The other part that bothers me is I went out of my way to show you, the reader, how rumors can start. And for someone here to put my credibility on the line, well as Brian told me, I should have expected it. I didn't and in the end, I no longer have a page on here to share with you. I do appreciate the support that some of you, especially Brian have given me. It's just too bad that one person can ruin it for all. I enjoyed my time, but for now, it's not a good idea for me to post a blog or anything else here.

Hope this explains everything. And Pratt, I have no idea who you are, but you are dead wrong about me having an alias on here. And if you're so connected in the media, dude, you should talk to Brian about taking over my blog. I'm sure the readers would appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone!

Dave Chernichan
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Dave C. wrote:After taking a few days to think about it, I've decided to post a quick reply as to why I eliminated my blog from this great site.

Hope this explains everything. And Pratt, I have no idea who you are, but you are dead wrong about me having an alias on here. And if you're so connected in the media, dude, you should talk to Brian about taking over my blog. I'm sure the readers would appreciate it.

Thanks again everyone!

Dave Chernichan
Who said I was Pratt and who said I thought you had an alias on here? Apparently some guy who calls himself 'Media Man' decided to keep his identity a secret so that his opinions are his and not associated with his 'daytime' employer. As I mentioned above, the biggest issue that always comes up when you belong to the media is that your ideas on a discussion portal like Canucks Corner can be compromised.

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Who said I was Pratt....?
You did several times to me...so what are you saying now?
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Brian CC wrote:
Who said I was Pratt....?
You did several times to me...so what are you saying now?
After what happened to Dave Chernichan I am absolutely not David Pratt. I'm the fake Pratt.

dp
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

anyone else confused? :stupid:
Kel
MVP
MVP

Post by Kel »

Badfish wrote:anyone else confused? :stupid:
Not me, but I've been following this forum for a while. I think DavidPratt_ first appeared around here claiming that he's the real Pratt on Team 1040. There was some confusion about whether it is true. Later, Brian confirmed that a member of the Vancouver sports media has joined us under the handle Media_Man, without revealing his identity, and Media_Man has posted here quite frequently last season, especially in the early part of it. Most notably insider info from Media_Man is that he claimed that Bertuzzi caused some dressing room problems. Media_Man has also stated that he believes user DavidPratt_ is not the radio host of Team 1040. I think eventually DavidPratt_ acknowledges that fact. Then this season came Dave C, who uses his real name and wrote a blog for Canuckscorner, until recently. When Dave first came, people wonder if he's Media_Man, but he denied it and I think Brian confirmed that he isn't Media_Man. So when people mention Media_Man to Dave later, he becomes annoyed. But from reading DavidPratt_'s post in this thread, I am a bit surprised that Dave thought Pratt is suggesting he's Media_Man.

Final words in this thread: thank you very much, Dave. Good luck with your career and we definitely won't mind if you post here again under a secret username.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Kel wrote:
Badfish wrote:anyone else confused? :stupid:
Team 1040. I think eventually DavidPratt_ acknowledges that fact. Then this season came Dave C, who uses his real name and wrote a blog for Canuckscorner, until recently. When Dave first came, people wonder if he's Media_Man, but he denied it and I think Brian confirmed that he isn't Media_Man. So when people mention Media_Man to Dave later, he becomes annoyed. But from reading DavidPratt_'s post in this thread, I am a bit surprised that Dave thought Pratt is suggesting he's Media_Man.

Final words in this thread: thank you very much, Dave. Good luck with your career and we definitely won't mind if you post here again under a secret username.
Just to clear things up: based on what has happened to Dave, I am absolutely NOT David Pratt. If you'll notice, I have also put a disclaimer after all my posts re. my opinions not being associated with CHUM.

dp

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

I feel cheap & used. I thought it was the real Pratt. What am I going to tell my kids?? You've ruined Christmas for my whole family!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Soapy wrote:I feel cheap & used. I thought it was the real Pratt. What am I going to tell my kids?? You've ruined Christmas for my whole family!
Don't worry. I feel cheap and used when I roll out of Madame Cleo's after having downed half a bottle of Crown Royal. Your children will survive.

Who am I? If only you all knew. Let's put it this way: if you listen to the TEAM, most of you know who I am. Unlike 'Media Man' and everyone else who likes to play up the 'insider media angle', I like being on Canucks Corner so I can just be a FAN. I have no interest in giving anyone here insight into the 'media scrum'. I just like saying what I think and in some cases things I wouldn't necessarily want to say on the air. And let's also be clear: I work for the TEAM. Brian emailed the TEAM and I responded back to his email. I have no interest in revealing who I am, and quite frankly after seeing what happened to Dave C. I'm glad no one knows who I am! I will say one thing: this is a GREAT hockey forum. Good discussion, mature discussion, and except for SRsez, this is a great place to chat with other people. Brian runs a first-class board.

I like this board because quite frankly, I can say what I really feel. For example, I can't stand European money-grubbing whiners. I thought what Malkin did to 'escape' his Russian team was a pile of crap. He signed a legal contract with that Russian team when he could have played with the Penguins but he didn't. Then he changes his mind and walks out on the team. Despicable. Reminds me of all the idiotic greedy Europeans (mostly Czechs and Russians) - guys like Fedor Fedorov, Peter Nedved, Alexei Yashin.....I could go on. Annoys me because it makes other Europeans who come here to play and embrace our game - guys like Ovechkin and most Swedes look bad.

Canucks Corner allows me to be be what I am: a fan. And who knows....maybe I am David Pratt....

dp