GDT: B.C. Lions vs. Montreal Alouettes

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

kingofrockstars
MVP
MVP

GDT: B.C. Lions vs. Montreal Alouettes

Post by kingofrockstars »

GO LIONS !!!!!!!!
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Who cares the Canucks are playing tonight. But just for arguments sake, GO ALS!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Go Lions! Let's make it a blowout!
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

It was funny watching Floyd and Kidd trashing talking with the Als during the players intro. I thought they were going to rumble right there and then.
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Fuuummmmbleee!!
nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Post by nuxfanindallas »

I try to get jacked up about the CFL, but it's still way down on my list. As much as I know this may be heresy to some (Don Taylor?), in order of my wanting to win today:

1. Canucks
2. Seahawks
3. Tennessee (I had a bit of an interest here ;) )
4. Lions

It's just the truth.
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Yeah!! BC Lions, the 2006 Grey Cup champion!!
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

The CFL puts out a good product. It's great fun - you just have to check your over-hyped, commercial self at the door. The Grey Cup is a venerable, Canadian tradition. I wouldn't miss it.

Way to go Lions!
(Beautiful hit by Javy Glatt, BTW...)
nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Post by nuxfanindallas »

Puck wrote:The CFL puts out a good product. It's great fun - you just have to check your over-hyped, commercial self at the door. The Grey Cup is a venerable, Canadian tradition. I wouldn't miss it.

Way to go Lions!
(Beautiful hit by Javy Glatt, BTW...)
I don't think a lack of interest in the CFL has ANYTHING to do with one's "over-hyped, commercial self". Lacrosse is a Canadian tradition too and it's boring as shit.

I'm as proud of my Canadian heritage as the next guy, but that doesn't mean that I have to love the CFL.
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Puck wrote:The CFL puts out a good product. It's great fun - you just have to check your over-hyped, commercial self at the door. The Grey Cup is a venerable, Canadian tradition. I wouldn't miss it.
I have come to really dig the CFL (only just started watching football over the last year), and agree that I couldn't give a rat's ass about the over-hyped NFL.

On the other hand, the Grey Cup itself was a little dull this year (perhaps 'cause BC stormed out to such a quick lead). The semi-finals were awesome, though.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I have come to really dig the CFL (only just started watching football over the last year), and agree that I couldn't give a rat's ass about the over-hyped NFL.

On the other hand, the Grey Cup itself was a little dull this year (perhaps 'cause BC stormed out to such a quick lead). The semi-finals were awesome, though.

I'm obviously glad the Lions won but it wasn't really a barn burner of a game ... Lions though deserved to win ... they were the best team in the League all year.

As far as the NFL goes ... I never really watched much of it before and agreed with you Orts ... but more recently in the last couple of years I have been following it a little more and watching it ... its actually starting to grow on me as I am starting to know the players more etc.

Just came back from Texas this last week ... they are totally passionate about their football ... unreal ... their college team the Longhorns, people are just crazy for ... everyone seems to have a shirt, jacket or cap etc. Right from little kids up to Granny's. Its no wonder NFLis so big as it is in the US. I guess it starts really young ... I was talking to a guy down there and he was saying that the kids start playing football at 8 or 9 years old and they are full on into it ... games, practices, tryouts ... cheerleaders the whole 9 yards (pardon the pun).

Anyways ...

Grizz
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Nux,

You missed my point. I probably didn't make myself clear. I was trying to say that the CFL has a good product, in and of itself. If you try to compare it to the NFL wrt parity, crowd size, etc, it's not going to do well. I used to be very football snobbish, but these days I like to watch all the different flavours of the game: CFL, NFL, US College, even a little CIS. I just recognise them as different games.

I wasn't saying you (or anyone else) was specifically 'over-hyped' by nature. You just can't look to the CFL for the glitz and the hype.

As for this year's game, it was a defensive battle. Games like that are rarely classics.