Morrison for Seabrook??

Trade rumours from around the league. Think you have a source? Stand behind your rumours? You better, or don't post in here!

Moderator: Referees

lil-scarface
AHL Prospect

Morrison for Seabrook??

Post by lil-scarface »

other than cap relief what would be the point in trading morrison for a defense man. Would you do it??

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/specto ... mours.html
Carlos
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I'd take it ina flash, which tells me it ain't going to happen uless there's a secondary trade to move Bourdon, who by now must be under very close scrutiny. Seabrooke is 22 carat with a great future ahead of him
cheers
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I'd do it too. Cap relief, and more depth at D would be great. Seabrook makes just over 900K a year this season and next. That gives 2.5 million for another centre.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

I suspect with Chicago next up, this rumour should be proven post haste.
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I don't mind Seabrook coming here. However, we would lose a centre. Perhaps DN will consider trading Bourdon for a forward prospect. Kopitar would have looked great in a Canucks uniform.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

While I'd love to see this happen, I can't imagine why Chicago would do this. After the Bertuzzi fiasco in Florida, I'm certain that other GMs in the league will be hesitant to make a big trade with DN again - Morrison's hip may or may not be healing well, and with so many of their players already on the limp, I just have trouble seeing why they'd give up a terrific young defenceman for BMo.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

gobi wrote: Kopitar would have looked great in a Canucks uniform.
We had our chance....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Gobi wrote:
Perhaps DN will consider trading Bourdon for a forward prospect.
Maybe I am missing something here ... but tell me you haven't given up on him already ??

Grizz
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Grizzly wrote:Maybe I am missing something here ... but tell me you haven't given up on him already ??

Grizz
It's not a matter of giving up on him. I just feel that the team has a more pressing need at the forward position than at D. I also wouldn't mind seeing DN trading some of our goalie prospects (except Schneider) for forward prospects too.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I just feel that the team has a more pressing need at the forward position than at D. I also wouldn't mind seeing DN trading some of our goalie prospects (except Schneider) for forward prospects too.
I would agree with that ... definitely doesn't seem to be much in the way of any depth up front .... even on the farm.

Personally I hate having to "trade" for prospects too ... scouting and drafting are absolutely essential in team building and producing a winner ... unfortunately the Canucks have only had one or two decent player at best obtained through draft ... Bure is arguably the only real super star the Canucks have ever drafted and retained (Neely left out of the equation as he was dealt before he rose to the top).

Grizz
Mozy

Post by Mozy »

topics a little old, but i really liked the volchecnkov morrison rumours that were going on. i think that would have been a good swap.
West Coast Express

Post by West Coast Express »

1st. Have you ever seen a team yet get to the Cup without Team toughness?
answer, no never

2nd Have you ever seen a team even go far in the playoffs without the majority of players coming from Canada?
No never

Do you really want Kopitar and Modin! Yikes, Not me thanks.

We've all seen how Calgary has made their trades in the last couple of weeks. If it was not completely evident that they can steam roll us anytime they want, just watch that last game again. They have what it takes to go a long way in the playoffs. Team toughness is a trademark of there team.

I have a question for DN. He has been here in Vancouver for many many years. He has been to countless games. How does he rank our team toughness? The Sedin's are finally bona fide stars in the league with no protection....
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Gorgeous George!

I have to agree somewhat on the toughness part...they need to get nastier, I think the top two lines can be skilled...and the bottom two have to bang. Some people put this team down for their toughness, however they did out-hit Edmonton the last couple games...so maybe they aren't as soft as we think. We have a lot of players that don't shy away (Cooke, Burrows, Green, Linden, Cowan, Mitchell, Ohlund, BXA etc.) but nobody that strikes fear...a bonafide thug might help our toughness cred...

I don't see how Calgary improved their toughness vastly...Stuart is one concussion away from a retirement home, and I don't think Conroy is a freight train. As for steamrolling us everytime, last I checked we lead the season series with those boys (4W, 3L)... so the best they can do is go .500 vs us this season.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Morrison for Seabrook??

Post by The Brown Knight »

lil-scarface wrote:other than cap relief what would be the point in trading morrison for a defense man. Would you do it??

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/specto ... mours.html
Morrison for Brent Seabook sounds like a steal to me!

Lets do it. 8-)
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Morrison for Seabrook??

Post by Rumsfeld »

We should totally keep this forum around for another season.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society