Anybody else think Salo should be on the all-star ballot?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

yammi
CC Veteran

Anybody else think Salo should be on the all-star ballot?

Post by yammi »

The Swedes and Luongo rightly deserve to be on this season's all-star ballot, but what about Sami?

I think if he stays healthy, he may be one of the top 5 D in the western conference by the break.

Seems like ignorance regarding players out here in the Pacific Northwest on the part of the folks in the east responsible for putting the list of candidates together (although it may be a blessing in disguise for him to go unrecognized because it may mean he's be slightly cheaper come negotiation time).
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

I think he deservest to be there, but at the same time I am glad that he isn't.
The less fanfare and publicity and hype for Salo, the less value he has come this summer when it is time to resign him.
Farhan Lalji

Re: Anybody else think Salo should be on the all-star ballot

Post by Farhan Lalji »

yammi wrote:The Swedes and Luongo rightly deserve to be on this season's all-star ballot, but what about Sami?

I think if he stays healthy, he may be one of the top 5 D in the western conference by the break.

Seems like ignorance regarding players out here in the Pacific Northwest on the part of the folks in the east responsible for putting the list of candidates together (although it may be a blessing in disguise for him to go unrecognized because it may mean he's be slightly cheaper come negotiation time).
If Salo keeps playing like the way he's playing (and stays healthy obviously), then I'd agree.

The Sedin twins and Luongo deserve to be on the ballot as well...although they haven't looked as brilliant as of late. Not sure about Naslund and Ohlund though (but what the hell, I'll say yes :P )
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

No. Nein. No f'n way. Never.

Salo doesn't require any extracurricular activities. He doesn't need the distraction either.

Keep Sami home, and keep his low profile.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I dunno, wouldn't want him to pull a groin or wreck his back in such a physical battle.
Hercules_Rockefeller
CC Rookie

Post by Hercules_Rockefeller »

Just one more opprotunity for him to get injured
Formerly Dangerous Dan.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I dunno, wouldn't want him to pull a groin or wreck his back in such a physical battle.
Or even worse, dislocating his shoulder while tying up his skates. :P
MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

I'm just glad see Ohlund finally get on the ballot.
cerios
CC Veteran

Post by cerios »

Does he deserve to be there? Absolutely. Do I want him there? no.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

MacNews wrote:I'm just glad see Ohlund finally get on the ballot.
I don't want him to go either. Nor Luongo. I hope they don't have any Canuck's players at the All-Star Game.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

If Salo played for Detroit, (and if there was an All-Star Game), he'd have been there last year too. That's the way it goes with the NHL All-Star game... always has, always will.