Will Bourdon Be Demoted?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will Bourdon Be Demoted?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 23

Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

jchockey wrote:I agree with MCP.

Once February hits, send him to the Moose ASAP and let him log some big minutes. And then next year maybe let him spend a year in the AHL before letting him make the big jump. A year in the AHL does wonders. No sense rushing prospects that have as much potential as Bourdon does.
No, you can't do this. It goes by 'hockey-age' not by the players actual age.
December 31 is the cutoff, if he is 19 on that date, he is considered 19 for the rest of the season. So he cannot join the Moose until next season.

And sitting him the press box for stretches, or giving him 8 minute a game so he can be burned on a regular basis by superior NHL forwards is detrimental to his development. Send him to juniors where he can get experience:
1. In logging big minutes as a #1 defenceman,
2. dominating games,
3. and leading a team.

These are skills that just don't come out of thin-air, and are definitely not skills that will be developed sitting in the press box for Vancouver. There is a reason that players are brought along slowly, until they are ready for the NHL, and Bourdon clearly isn't ready for the show.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article. ... 42334_4008

Bourdon is heading back to Moncton, and Coloumbe is comming up to the big team. Not really a surprize, Luc just wasn't ready. I firmly believe a year logging 30+ minutes in all situations will be much better for him. Next year he can start with us or the Moose.
Entwonder
CC Veteran

Post by Entwonder »

Trigger pulled.....

The fact that they played him so little every game, plus the cap pressure... it seems the Canucks planned to handle him this way, unless he made a dramatic improvement.
I hope they have him seeing the same physio guy that Naslund uses. Luc needs to recover from last years injuries completely. Don't need to have him lose a season like Naslund did last year from an injury years past.

Anyway they gave him some experience and a couple of nice paychecks (i assume he gets paid for time on roster?) and see ya next year.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Entwonder wrote: . Luc needs to recover from last years injuries completely. Don't need to have him lose a season like Naslund did last year from an injury years past.
I'm stating to believe this theme "he's injured" In the game against Dallas a Star player went around him down the left boards and rather than a simple pivot to the left he made a 270 degree to his right, unbeliable the guy just breezed by him, no one does that without a reason and maybe it is an injury.
cheers
headspacej
AHL Prospect

Coulombe

Post by headspacej »

Island Nucklehead wrote:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article. ... 42334_4008

Bourdon is heading back to Moncton, and Coloumbe is comming up to the big team.
There was lots of pre-season board buzz on Coulombe, but I've heard in a few places recently that he's had a tough time in Winnipeg. Has it already come to the point where they're having to call up guys who have been healthy scratches down on the farm?