Nice call zebras an meatheads upstaiirs!!!!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuckknowitall1944
MVP
MVP

Nice call zebras an meatheads upstaiirs!!!!!

Post by nuckknowitall1944 »

If that wasn't a kicking motion then i don't know what is, that was clearly a pedulum motion..What a BS f'n call, I'm starting to think theres a fuckin conspiracy towards canadian teams with some of the BS reffing we've been getting,Now instead of a 2 goal lead going into the intermission we have a different game on our hands.....good call idiots!!!!!!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

agreed completely. That was 100% no goal in my opinion. He quite clearly kicked it, the on ice referee saw it and waved it off. Why exactly does it count then? I'm going to near to hear a terrific explanation after the game. If we lose because of that, I will be extremely upset.
clearwatercanuck
MVP
MVP

I Agree

Post by clearwatercanuck »

This is absolute BS. The wrong call was made, from what I saw.....
Entwonder
CC Veteran

Post by Entwonder »

It seems the way the rule is written that the intention is for any deflection off the skate while a player is acutally skating or manuevering would be a goal. The goal would count if the skate was on the ice, even if the skate was rotated to deflect it in.
This seems like a reasonable exception, since the referee does not have to figure out if the players intention was to direct the puck or just maneuvering. And it seems that the opportunity for your skate to be in just the right spot without picking it up or kicking toward the puck would be quite limited.
But in this case the skate came off the ice (according to all reported accounts - and i couldn't see it very well on the NHL.com hilites) and should have been disallowed. The announcers called it a 'backheel' kick.
This call and getting pinged seemed to get to Luongo. Hope he can let it go... probably can after all those years in Fla.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

That was 100% no goal in my opinion. He quite clearly kicked it, the on ice referee saw it and waved it off. Why exactly does it count then?
But in this case the skate came off the ice (according to all reported accounts - and i couldn't see it very well on the NHL.com hilites) and should have been disallowed.
Toronto ... need I say anymore ... ok I will...

... let the refs manage the game and make the call on the fly as it should be for any sport... sometimes they make the right call sometimes they won't ... the boys in Toronto should only review the goal to see if the puck crosses the line ... thats it ... IMO anyways.

Grizz