Bert

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Bert

Post by sk8er »

Does anybody know why Bert did not play tonight?
Injured??
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Re: Bert

Post by UK Canuck »

sk8er wrote:Does anybody know why Bert did not play tonight?
Injured??

no idea mate wow what time is it over their its 8.15 am here. i take it he must of been injured.
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Got that from the game report:
RW Todd Bertuzzi missed his third consecutive game because of back spasms.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

bertuzzi comes across as the kinda guy who choses when he plays- as if he'd fake injury if he aint up for it on the night. :roll:
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Got that from the game report:
RW Todd Bertuzzi missed his third consecutive game because of back spasms.
Well, I tried to find that out by looking at a game summary, all it said was that he was a scratch in the one I looked at.
Thanks
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Bert

Post by sk8er »

UK Canuck wrote:
sk8er wrote:Does anybody know why Bert did not play tonight?
Injured??

no idea mate wow what time is it over their its 8.15 am here. i take it he must of been injured.
If you mean the time I posted that, it was about 1130 at night last night.
I'm kind of a night owl.... :roll:
Larionov
CC Veteran

Post by Larionov »

UK Canuck wrote:bertuzzi comes across as the kinda guy who choses when he plays- as if he'd fake injury if he aint up for it on the night. :roll:
I don't think that's true at all. Any guy who makes it to the NHL is a competitor, and these guys want to play. Back spasms are different from a sore shoulder or bad ankle -- if you have a bad back, you simply can't move. Anyone here who has ever pulled muscles in their lower back can vouch for this. You are hunched over like a 90 year old man, and just making it from your bed to the john is a challenge.

Bertuzzi is, however, reaching the age where chronic injuries start to crop up, especially for a guy who plays as physical a style as he does. If I'm Florida, I'm more worried about that than I am the possibility that the guy is jaking it...
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

I've had back spasms before thanks to Dragon Boating and Scuba Diving. I don't relish what Bert is going through.

But, if this turns out to be chronic and Nonis managed to trade damaged goods to the Panthers for Luongo and Krajicek - holy crap ,will that deal have turned out to be highway robbery for the 'Nucks.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

We definitley got the better side of that deal. to much media came with bertuzzi.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

sk8er wrote:Well, I tried to find that out by looking at a game summary, all it said was that he was a scratch in the one I looked at.
Thanks
You can also check out some player stats, Bert has played 7 games so far (out of 10).
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

fair enough sorry to bait him but i never liked him.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Larionov wrote:Bertuzzi is, however, reaching the age where chronic injuries start to crop up, especially for a guy who plays as physical a style as he does.
Umm....yeah. Were we watching the same guy last year? I didn't think you could get chronic injuries playing on the perimeter, floating on the ice and refusing to backcheck.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
cerios
CC Veteran

Post by cerios »

While I agree that he played a perimeter game last year, I don't think that anyone is going to argue that Bert has taken as much lumber in the last 5 years as anyone in the league. I would quite frankly be shocked if he didn't have significant scaring and permanent tissue damage in his lower back.
showtyme21
CC Rookie

Post by showtyme21 »

As I was reading this, I started to wonder, Don't you think that the number of media following the Canucks has decreased, and if so, has the number of media following the Panther's increased. Continuing that thought, was there any media members that lost their jobs, only to resurface in Florida :)

I say that in jest, but I do have sympathy for Bert if he does have the chronic back problems. I can't imagine continuing to play at any level in the NHL with such issues, especially if other teams know this about him, because in the NHL today, there is generally a bloodthirsty will to win, and he can expect double the lumber from now on...
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

I don't hate Bert at all. When he's on his game, he's great to watch; but when he goes back to being uncommitted or unsupportive to defence, then I get frustrated watching him. I hope he does well in FL and gets off the IR list soon...

Cloutier/Crow on the other hand... :twisted: