Update on Rypien and Green

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Update on Rypien and Green

Post by Cornuck »

LINK
Earlier this week, in conversation with members of the Vancouver media, Vigneault spoke of the progress Rypien was making and seemed to suggest his recall could be imminent.
From another article:
Josh Green said the pain he suffered when a puck split open his eye Saturday wasn't as severe as he expected.

"It was scary," Green said.

"I knew it hit me hard right away and I wasn't sure exactly where. I was waiting for the pain to kick in right away but it wasn't as intense as I thought it was going to be."

Green said there was a lot of blood.

"I put my glove down to catch it because I didn't want it to get all over the ice."

The eye, which actually needed 16 stitches and not 26 as Alain Vigneault originally feared, was swollen shut Tuesday morning.

After being iced, the eye opened enough for Green to practise Tuesday morning.

"[The vision] was OK. It's not sensitive at all to light," Green said. "It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be."
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Re: Update on Rypien and Green

Post by Meerschaum »

"I put my glove down to catch it because I didn't want it to get all over the ice."
Okay. Green is now officially a member of the Tough But Tidy club.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Update on Rypien and Green

Post by MarkMM »

Meerschaum wrote:
Okay. Green is now officially a member of the Tough But Tidy club.
:lol:

You know, I was surprised to see him on the ice last night after the injury but man, he played hard out there, quickly earning a good spot in my books.
Mark
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I have always liked Green. Check my posts from last season. I was singing his praises already. I was surprised to see Green in the Dallas game and he held his own quite well despite the injury. If he improves some more, we will have two big body forwards in Pyatt and Green.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

The Province is reporting that although Rypien's thumb has healed, he has now injured his groin and could miss 2-4 more week.

Is this cat made of glass??? He's always injured . . .
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.