You know its a new team when you see comebacks.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Icebreaka
CC Veteran

You know its a new team when you see comebacks.

Post by Icebreaka »

I search my recent memory for Canucks games where we were the ones who came back in the 3rd or tied it and won in Overtime. I really can't recall many of the past few years. Certainly I remember being on the receiving end of plenty though where we let teams slip back in and once we we down by a goal or two with 10 minutes left in a game you could pretty much guarantee the loss.

Now I"m not saying I'd like us to be struggling that hard for the win every night but 3 times now we've done what this team never seemed capable of in the past. Maybe in the fact they can go a bit more balls out with a great goalie back there, maybe its a team buy in to working hard, whatever the case I have to say - DAMN I LIKE IT!
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

They may be lacking a little talent up front. They may be lacking a little depth on the blueline. but damn this is the first time in a long time I see a team that is playing a system for 60 minutes a night game in and game out. And a team that in the third period is going balls to the wall. Including Naslund diving to break up a 2 on 1!!! It's really nice to see.

The team has certainly been reenergized with AV behind the bench and the roster turnover.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Yeah the best signing DN made may in fact be AV. He seems to have hot a chord with the players, good positional play can make up a lot of offensive defiencies. That plus of course good defense
cheers
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Anyone else wondering what could have happened last year with Crawford? We still had injuries, but that was no excuse for the poor effort last year.

Yes, this team is proving to be 'new look' Canucks in more ways than one.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."