Phaneuf the jack ass

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

Linden Is God wrote:IMO it's a clean hit within the rules. BUT there were some dirty aspects to it.

1. Regehr came from a distance, almost a charge to make the hit.

2. A Flames player was skating along Downie down the ice and 'stepped back' when he saw Regehr thus bliding Downie.

All in the comfines of the rule book, but still kinda cheap.

And how did a thread about Phaneuf turn into a thread about Downie and Regehr?
Downie himself thought it was a charge:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=181354&hubname=nhl

On the replay it looked like a charge to me. He came at pretty high speed towards Downie.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Lancer wrote: The Flamers are a cheap shot team that just acts tough.
And this is just now news to you? Who did you think Denis Gauthier was, Jean Beliveau?
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

If your a defence man and a player is streaking toward your zone to take a pass in full flight don't you think you should be there? If you have to cross the ice to do it then you'd best hurry. If that player has his head down hell why not lower the boom? Atleast you know he will no longer be the one advancing the puck into your end.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I was recently on Calpuck and got banned for life for argueing with a Flamer that while I felt the hit was clean, it was a blind side charge. If Downie had seen Regehr coming no way he gets hit that hard. I am surprised that Regehr has resorted to these type of hits as he is a good player but the Calgary credo of inflicting as much hurt without respect for the other player must be getting through. Lets face it they have been a dirty bush team since Lanny Carve 'Em Up McDonald and nothing has changed. They get rid of Gauthier and then hire Marchment. Now they are working their mindless mantra on Phanuef, too bad as this kid has all the tools and now it looks like someone is going to have to tune him in. Too bad they didn't let Chara straighten him out but someone will soon enough. I don't think Calgary is going to like it when someone takes him out at the knees.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

HappyCanuck wrote:I was recently on Calpuck and got banned for life for argueing with a Flamer that while I felt the hit was clean, it was a blind side charge. If Downie had seen Regehr coming no way he gets hit that hard. I am surprised that Regehr has resorted to these type of hits as he is a good player but the Calgary credo of inflicting as much hurt without respect for the other player must be getting through. Lets face it they have been a dirty bush team since Lanny Carve 'Em Up McDonald and nothing has changed. They get rid of Gauthier and then hire Marchment. Now they are working their mindless mantra on Phanuef, too bad as this kid has all the tools and now it looks like someone is going to have to tune him in. Too bad they didn't let Chara straighten him out but someone will soon enough. I don't think Calgary is going to like it when someone takes him out at the knees.

:shock: whilst i agree with you that he needs a good punching to sort him out- does two wrongs neccesarilly make a right?
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.