Injury Bug

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Injury Bug

Post by Meerschaum »

Oh crap!

Mitchell has been exhibiting serious concussion symptoms and Green's eye is swollen shut. It looks like both will be missing action against the Stars . . . and probably more.

LINK

Let's hope for a speedy recovery. While we have enough forward depth to handle Green's absence, a bottom two pairing of any of Fitzpatrick/Bourdon/Tremblay/Coulombe has me more than a little worried.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Naslund - Morrison - Bulis
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Pyatt
Cooke - Kesler - Burrows
Santala - Chouinard - Linden

Ohlund - Bieksa
Salo - Krajicek
Fitzpatrick - hmm???

Santala can do until Green gets back, anyone know if Rypien is healthy? The bottom line looks big enough, why not give Reid a shot? If we want a physical presence, maybe Bouck? We've got options, agreed.

Defensively, hmm, Tremblay or Coloumbe might be called up, Coloumbe IMO earned the right for a game or two at the bigs, Tremblay brings experience, but do you play either of them when it's not a soft offensive guy we lost but a tough defensive one? Bourdon is physical, no doubt, but can he play proper defense at this stage?

I would call up Tremblay to have the experience factor, dress seven d-men and let Bourdon prove he can step up, if not, toss Tremblay in and hope for the best. In the meantime, we should be shopping for a defensive d-men for the farm with NHL experience, we've got the offensive guys to call up but we're lacking on the physical defensive ones who are ready for NHL spot-duty, if it's true that Nonis intends to waive Santala, let's see if anyone is willing to trade an AHL defenseman for him first.
Mark
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

:shock: CRAP!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Defensively, hmm, Tremblay or Coloumbe might be called up, Coloumbe IMO earned the right for a game or two at the bigs, Tremblay brings experience,
Trembaly injured, and Coloumbe 1 assist in 7 games & a minus 6, I believe, Brandon Reid only 3 games (injured ??? ) no goals, no assists Janick Hansen 7 games 1 goal , 3 assists and even +/-
cheers
nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Post by nuxfanindallas »

Not good at all......

....not to mention Matt Hasselbeck got injured and the Seahawks got slaughtered.....

Not a good day....
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

I don't see why we can't dress Bourdon? If anything Salo and Ohlund will just have to log big minutes. It'd be a chance to see more of Bourdon and for him to gain some valuable experience as a sixth defenseman rather than a seventh. Vigneault will have to play him more than 6 minutes.

Speaking of injuries... Martin Havlat has an ankle sprain and is out for three weeks, minimum. Peter Forsberg has a sprained wrist and will miss some time. So much for franchise player and captain, respectively. Neither injury I'm surprised with.

Michal Handzus is most likely out for the season as he tore his ACL and MCL. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Fred wrote:
Defensively, hmm, Tremblay or Coloumbe might be called up, Coloumbe IMO earned the right for a game or two at the bigs, Tremblay brings experience,
Trembaly injured, and Coloumbe 1 assist in 7 games & a minus 6, I believe, Brandon Reid only 3 games (injured ??? ) no goals, no assists Janick Hansen 7 games 1 goal , 3 assists and even +/-
:shock:
Mark