Where was the complaining about HNIC when CBC showed 17,18

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Where was the complaining about HNIC when CBC showed 17,18

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

Canuck games a year?

Talking about Pratt and Taylor and the constant bashing on CBC.

Yet TSN always gets off the hook and they're worse!
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

True, but what bugs me is that CBC is tax-payer funded, we can choose not to watch TSN but we can't choose not to subsidize CBC showing Toronto-centric hockey.
Mark
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

I just can't forgive TSN for moving the WJC games back by about 3 hours earlier.....hiring Domi and Healy....ugh!
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:I just can't forgive TSN for moving the WJC games back by about 3 hours earlier.....hiring Domi and Healy....ugh!
Especially the Domi thing, okay, I give up, you win!
Mark
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

CBC is only partially funded by tax payers. They get a lot of their money from commercial revenue and they get the most from showing the leaves.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

You know for all the bitching that's been done recently (myself included) about the lack of Canucks coverage, the Canucks are the late game for 4 of the 5 Saturdays in December. That is quite a bit.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

BigTuna wrote:CBC is only partially funded by tax payers. They get a lot of their money from commercial revenue and they get the most from showing the leaves.
Having heard a lot of weak ideological fluff on this subject lately (most of it from Pratt), I gotta say I think this is one of the most insightful things anyone has said lately.

How do y'all like your public-private partnerships now? :P
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

orts wrote:
BigTuna wrote:CBC is only partially funded by tax payers. They get a lot of their money from commercial revenue and they get the most from showing the leaves.
Having heard a lot of weak ideological fluff on this subject lately (most of it from Pratt), I gotta say I think this is one of the most insightful things anyone has said lately.

Don't fool yourself kids. Sure the CBC makes money off 'Hockey Night in Canada'. It then takes that money and invests it in 'The Road to Avonlea' where no sane company in their right mind would want to sponsor.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

orts wrote:

Oh, and by the way.......

dp

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

That Messier image with the cup is serious CanucksCorner blasphemy. I'm barely holding it together over here....

How can anyone concentrate on the issue at hand with that staring them in the face? It's like a nasty car-wreck version of Fred's bouncy little number.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Puck wrote:That Messier image with the cup is serious CanucksCorner blasphemy. I'm barely holding it together over here....

How can anyone concentrate on the issue at hand with that staring them in the face? It's like a nasty car-wreck version of Fred's bouncy little number.
Ditto. I vote for it to be banned.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

True, but TSN is funded zero by the public purse. The mandate of the CBC was always centred around inclusion of all Canadians and not to promote regionalism, sort of all for one & one for all. It was supposed to unity the country not to start regional disparity. It has failed in it's mandate.

The saddest part of this "let's promote the leaves "every one loves the Leaf's" approach" is it's not necessary with to days technology. And the ban on other regional carriers being permitted to carry the game when CBC is not showing the game they could is just wrong. if they don't want to show it then step aside, and to heck with their dogma that they know best
cheers
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Fred wrote:
True, but TSN is funded zero by the public purse. The mandate of the CBC was always centred around inclusion of all Canadians and not to promote regionalism, sort of all for one & one for all. It was supposed to unity the country not to start regional disparity. It has failed in it's mandate.
Which is why is should not be PUBLICLY funded. C'mon CBC - let's see how you play with the big boys without all that taxpayer-funded money.

dp

orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Wow, pratt, you've done a very good job of proving my characterisation of you correct :p
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Linden Is God wrote:
Puck wrote:That Messier image with the cup is serious CanucksCorner blasphemy. I'm barely holding it together over here....
Ditto. I vote for it to be banned.
Adblock is your friend!