Naslund is number 1 all time in goals scored as a Canuck.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Naslund is number 1 all time in goals scored as a Canuck.

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

And when he retires he should and I think he will be known as the Greatest Canuck.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

No one wants to talk about Naslund?
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Good for him...no surprize though.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Maybe people don't want to look at Messier! :lol:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

Naslund will be known as the Greatest Canuck goal scorer, but I think Trevor Linden will be known as the greatest Canuck of all time.
Victoriafan
CC Rookie

Post by Victoriafan »

Guys like Linden and Smyl have tons of class and heart. Guys like Bure have tons of talent. Naslund has both. He is my favourite Canuck of all time, but he will have to stay here a bit longer IMO to be in the running for Greatest Canuck.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Bure is the greatest Canuck . The most skilled, exciting player we have had bar none.

Naslund was he best trade the Canucks have ever made.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Cornuck wrote:Maybe people don't want to look at Messier!
Agreed.... Yay for Firefox and Adblock! Helps me get rid of all Pratt's annoying pictures, too :P
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

Or maybe, just maybe, it's premature to talk about Naslund retiring as he's in his prime.

And vervegaert... Bure may well be the most gifted Canuck talent wise he's (in my mind) far from the Greatest Canuck ever. With Bure, it was all about him. Linden & Smyl by far are the faces of the franchise.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

I guess we have different ideas of what greatest means then Kowch.

I watch hockey for the entertainment and excitement and Bure was by far the most entertaining and exciting Canuck ever.

You may watch to see less talented players with way less natural ability work there buts off . To each there own I guess.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I would love to see Roberto Luongo become the greatest canuck of all time 8-)

in other words... i would love to see him here for the rest of his career.... and bring us a gazillion stanley cup rings ;)
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

ververgaert wrote:I guess we have different ideas of what greatest means then Kowch.

I watch hockey for the entertainment and excitement and Bure was by far the most entertaining and exciting Canuck ever.

You may watch to see less talented players with way less natural ability work there buts off . To each there own I guess.
I just disagree. I'm not saying you're wrong... your opinion is entirely valid. I just disagree.

I'm not going to dispute that Bure was the most entertaining and exciting and I'd even add skilled Canuck ever.

I also watch hockey for the entertainment and excitement, but I still maintain he wasn't the greatest Canuck ever. He (IMO) didn't really embrace the town or the team. And he ran off on a contract dispute with some bullshit about how management didn't treat him like a superstar from day one.

No sir, IMHO the greatest is not just the one with the most talent, but one that embodies the spirit of the franchise, and it's fans. You mention the name Linden or Smyl to anyone outside of Vancouver (and who's not a fan), they immediatly think of the Canucks. It's like Gilmore in Toronto. It's like Guy LaFleur in Montreal. Theo Fleury in Calgary.

Was Gretzky the greatest St. Louis Blues player ever? Or was he simply the best player they've ever had?

Like I said... it's all a matter of opinion. It's what makes talking about this stuff so much fun :)
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Kowch wrote: I just disagree. I'm not saying you're wrong... your opinion is entirely valid. I just disagree.

You mention the name Linden or Smyl to anyone outside of Vancouver (and who's not a fan), they immediatly think of the Canucks. It's like Gilmore in Toronto. It's like Guy LaFleur in Montreal. Theo Fleury in Calgary.
But Bure never did anything much after he left Vancouver... sure he had a couple more 50 goal seasons but his knees were soon shot and he never hung around with one team long enough to be considered memorable. Bure's Florida days weren't memorable at all, to say the least.

I think if you ask anyone outside of Vancouver about Pavel Bure, they'll remember him as a Vancouver Canuck. Because really, he spent the better half of his career here and at least almost won the whole thing.

I see what you're saying but I think that he can be easily identified as a Canuck.

For the record, I happen to agree with ververgaert that Bure is the greatest Canuck, though I guess that's obvious at this point.
Hockey_roo
CC Veteran

Post by Hockey_roo »

When you are talking about the "greatest" Canuck, I think you can only judge a player after they have finished their career. Nassie may have the most goals but only TIME will tell if he can be called the greatest Canuck.
The Steamer and Bure are both excellent candidates, but also remember King Richard ? Tiger Williams could also be considered?
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

If by "greatest" Canuck you mean devotion to the team, players, coaches, and city, then Trevor Linden and Stan Smyl takes it.

If by "greatest" Canuck you mean the most talented ever, then it'd be Alex Mogilny or Pavel Bure.

If by "greatest" Canuck you mean the franchise leader in points, then it's Markus Naslund.