CBC Adds Canucks-Preds game

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

CBC Adds Canucks-Preds game

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Saturday, just for us special BC folks, CBC will air the Canucks-Predators game at 8pm EDT. We'll get the first hour of Rangers-leaves then it'll swap over. Looks like since we're not in the basement as predicted there's more reason to show our games!
Goon2
CC Rookie

Post by Goon2 »

Not to fear, Island Canucklehead, I'll be at the game (unless the Cardinals beat the Mets in the NLCS), and will file a fearless report not far from the Gaylord Entertainment Center!
Bill Laforge
CC Rookie

Post by Bill Laforge »

Thanks you Eastern CBC Gods for doing what you are supposed to do and serve all regions of the friggin country. Maybe they are realizing that they may lose the rights to hockey in the next couple of years and are pretending to care about the West. Better late than never I guess.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

It's retarded how the CBC ignores the rest of the country. I'm sick of watching nothing but leaves games. Actually I'd have to say TSN does it as well. Tonight is a prime example, Flames and Habs would be a good game to watch, but yet they opt for the Sabres and Flyers. I'm assuming Sportsnet has the rights to tonights Canucks/Oilers game otherwise I would have made the same argument.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

At least CBC isn't as bad as TSN.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

CBC is much worse then TSN......TSN has at least every Canadian team on 6 times, where as the National game (that being the early one) is 90% of the time Toronto. There's a lot of times Ottawa or Montreal is involved in a better game but they put on the leaves. For example, Montreal is playing Colorado this week-end (Theordore's return) and Ottawa is playing New Jersey, 2 better games in my opinion, BUT the leaves/Rangers game will be the national game. Once again, leaves get the attention.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

I would much rather watch Jagr, Shanahan and The NEW YORK Rangers... then a crappy Av's team and a so-so Habs team

Sens are struggling they are not better then the leaves...and no one cares about New Jersey.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

JamesOwnzSam11 wrote:I would much rather watch Jagr, Shanahan and The NEW YORK Rangers... then a crappy Av's team and a so-so Habs team

Sens are struggling they are not better then the leaves...and no one cares about New Jersey.
I would rather watch the Rangers high powered offense and Mats Sundin and the leaves than...... Christobal Huet and the Habs
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

Is it only being broadcasted in BC? Or do we miserable Albertans get to see the SECOND Canucks game on CBC this year as well?...
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

I remember before CBC did double-headers (and before all-sports networks came to Canada), Canucks fans in the East might have been lucky to have seen two or three Canucks regular-season games a year, and that was usually when they were playing the leaves or the Canadiens.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Linden Is God wrote:CBC is much worse then TSN......TSN has at least every Canadian team on 6 times, where as the National game (that being the early one) is 90% of the time Toronto. There's a lot of times Ottawa or Montreal is involved in a better game but they put on the leaves. For example, Montreal is playing Colorado this week-end (Theordore's return) and Ottawa is playing New Jersey, 2 better games in my opinion, BUT the leaves/Rangers game will be the national game. Once again, leaves get the attention.
Wrong. Before Sportsnet came along, TSN completely ignored the west. There is a reason they were called the TORONTO Sports Network. Only now is TSN showing the west some love.
MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

Linden Is God wrote:...Tonight is a prime example, Flames and Habs would be a good game to watch, but yet they opt for the Sabres and Flyers...
I didn't have a problem with that. I don't normally see those two teams play so I loved to watch the game, I'm tired of seeing the mediocre Canadian teams over and over again.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

ClamRussel wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:CBC is much worse then TSN......TSN has at least every Canadian team on 6 times, where as the National game (that being the early one) is 90% of the time Toronto. There's a lot of times Ottawa or Montreal is involved in a better game but they put on the leaves. For example, Montreal is playing Colorado this week-end (Theordore's return) and Ottawa is playing New Jersey, 2 better games in my opinion, BUT the leaves/Rangers game will be the national game. Once again, leaves get the attention.
Wrong. Before Sportsnet came along, TSN completely ignored the west. There is a reason they were called the TORONTO Sports Network. Only now is TSN showing the west some love.
I'm not talking past, I'm talking now.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I'm not saying TSN is good, but at least they're showing at least 6 games of each Canadian team.

Where as the CBC caters to Toronto games first, and claim to be unbiased because they show other teams but only in their region. WHat pisses me more about them is when the Canucks have a Saturday game, and one of the Alberta teams has a game as well, BC is the only region to get the Canucks game.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="Linden Is God"]CBC is much worse then TSN......TSN has at least every Canadian team on 6 times, where as the National game (that being the early one) is 90% of the time Toronto. There's a lot of times Ottawa or Montreal is involved in a better game but they put on the leaves. For example, Montreal is playing Colorado this week-end (Theordore's return) and Ottawa is playing New Jersey, 2 better games in my opinion, BUT the leaves/Rangers game will be the national game. Once again, leaves get the attention.[/quote]

Eh stop yer whining.