Sedin Sedin ________

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Sedin Sedin ________

Post by Cornuck »

So it makes sense to put Naslund on the Sedin line (for now).

Could it be that Vigneault is waiting for someone to prove themselves worthy of playing with the Sedins? Make someone earn the spot?

In the meantime, 6-7 games with Naslund playing with them won't hurt. In the meantime, someone should/could emerge as a potential winger for the twins.

For now, let them be the top line.

So... is that the plan?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

If the Sedins are relatively stable in their output (and I think they will be), to me it makes more sense to put a guy who you want to jumpstart with them

For me, Bulis is the untapped potential just waiting to be tapped by the Twins.
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Totally agree, I don't think the Cooke Morrison Bulis line is going to really click and be a great 2nd line. I HOPE they do but I sure am not counting on it. I wanted to see Kesler with the twins a bit more as an idea.

I think the problem is really that the twins time has come to be first liners. They've proven it and so has Naslund. So none of those players really belong on a second line. Our "second liners" unfortunately aren't currenlty playing up to potential. Morrison espeically needs to play like he did a couple years ago, Cooke too for that matter. Cooke though is at least putting a lot of pucks on the net, maybe its a matter of time.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

This is only an issue because we're not getting any secondary scoring to speak of... A few goals by Bulis/Morrison and a garbage goal or two from Kesler/Burrows and we wouldn't be having this discussion. I think AV won't change things until he's also not getting any scoring from the Sedin line.
hehateme
AHL Prospect

Post by hehateme »

I enjoy reading blogs but this is getting old. Everyone thinks their the coach and has an opinion of who should be playing with who, which is fine since their opinions dont really matter. I think the new coach has an idea of what he is doing, may be he thinks that the three best players on the team should play together?? who knows. However I do know that Naslund scored again tonight against the sharks, so if the other 3 lines can have any sort of production the first line usually has a goal or two. With Luongo that is all you are going to need.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Agreed but also it's not "verboten" to disagree with the coach and make it public. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

After the stink job by Luongo I wouldn't be too sure we only need 1 or 2 goals. We NEED secondary scoring, end of discussion.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

HappyCanuck wrote:After the stink job by Luongo I wouldn't be too sure we only need 1 or 2 goals. We NEED secondary scoring, end of discussion.
Even when Luongo is on his game, he can keep us in it, but if we want to go somewhere, we need balanced scoring. Still, I think it'll come, I'd like to see Naslund split from the Twins (happened a bit last game) and Bulis stood out to me as making a solid case for himself last game, and our defense showed some willingness to pinch last game, so I think the raw tools are there (barely), Vigneault just has to massage the team.
Mark