Injury Updates (Salo and Kesler)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Injury Updates (Salo and Kesler)

Post by mattola »

TSN (FL) reports AV was quoted the following

Kesler - not a concussion, just had his bell rung and will be in the lineup Friday
Salo - has had some groin problems and reagrevated it in the 2nd period will be re-evaluated
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Great news on Kesler! Let's hope Salo isn't too bad off.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Kesler - not a concussion, just had his bell rung and will be in the lineup Friday
Meh, the way he was staggering, I don't buy that. We should know more after some workouts this week.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Yeah, im not sure if I buy into Kes not having a concussion, even if its minor. and if it is more serious than they are saying, i just hope they dont rush him back in if hes not okay.... better to get concussion symptoms taken care of asap so it doesnt come back and bite us in the ass ;) , but hey if he plays friday and does well... ill be happy! Was anyone even aware that Salo has had groin problems?? From a therapist's point of view, its probably one of the most terrible places to have an injury because it never truly heals and gets back to 100%... lets hope that Salo's case is a very minor one... :?

Hey Cornuck.... glad to see you were able to change your name. i wonder how many newcommers you confused with the Vegas name and the Corn picture! :lol:
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

Any news on when Chouinard is back?
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Harold wrote:Any news on when Chouinard is back?
I heard on the team today that it would be for Friday.
the_ogopogo
AHL Prospect

Post by the_ogopogo »

I saw this posted on canucks.com (i know, not exactly the most reliable but still...) and it seems like team 1040 has some conflicting reports... the post made is as follows:

Team 1040 reports that Salo's injury didn't happen on a specific play...He pulled his groin and didn't wanna further the injury because the ice in Minny tonight was terrible...He should be fine for this weekend...

Kesler is staying in Minesota for further testing.....it looked like a bad concusion ..keith primeau like....So with consuions its a minimum 2 weeks of symtom free..So we might be looking at 1-2 months...

These are all paraphrased from what the host on team 1040 told me...

I've gotta say, this version sounds a lot more plausible, especially about kesler. i just can't see him playing next game after not being able to make it back to the bench and barely being able to stand for that matter...
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

the_ogopogo wrote:I saw this posted on canucks.com (i know, not exactly the most reliable but still...) and it seems like team 1040 has some conflicting reports... the post made is as follows:

Team 1040 reports that Salo's injury didn't happen on a specific play...He pulled his groin and didn't wanna further the injury because the ice in Minny tonight was terrible...He should be fine for this weekend...

Kesler is staying in Minesota for further testing.....it looked like a bad concusion ..keith primeau like....So with consuions its a minimum 2 weeks of symtom free..So we might be looking at 1-2 months...

These are all paraphrased from what the host on team 1040 told me...

I've gotta say, this version sounds a lot more plausible, especially about kesler. i just can't see him playing next game after not being able to make it back to the bench and barely being able to stand for that matter...
1-2 months? Really?
I just saw on the Score ticker that he practiced with the team today and will be in the lineup on friday.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

well with all these different reports.... i guess we wont truly know about Salo, Chouinard, and Kesler until friday's game. and even if kesler plays friday, anyone who actually gets to watch the game should really keep an eye on him and see how he plays and reacts to game situations.... basically if hes playing more sluggish than usual theres a good chance something is still goin on.
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

i just read on the score ticker that Kesler is expected to play friday and Salo will not...
BELIEVE.

Jonathan Toews
the_ogopogo
AHL Prospect

Post by the_ogopogo »

well, if that is truly what vigneault said, then no doubt that has much more credibility than team 1040's report. I just found it hard to believe that vigneault said that based on how kesler looked after that hit... still, that's good news that he is fine, and hopefully salo's supposed re-evaluation shows nothing serious is wrong with him.