Any WHL fans?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Soundy
AHL Prospect

Any WHL fans?

Post by Soundy »

After attending a number of playoff games last year, I am now one STOKED Giants fan. Went to the season opener (9-0 rout of the Portland Winterhawks) and picked up a 9-game pack for this year ($135 for nine games, nice deal!), including yesterday's 3-1 win over Swift Current.

So how many other fans we got here? And does anyone know of a good forum, either Giants-specific, or WHL-centered in general? Neither the team nor the league has their own...
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

I kinda follow the Cougars up here , we used to have season tix, but life gets in the way and was missing more games then I went to so haven't renewed for a few years.

The Giants Spanked em the other night, yeesh, but we'll see how things pan out with this big trade that the Cougars pulled off last week....Devin Setagutchi is supposed to be some kinda player.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

I follow the Medicine Hat Tigers, but its super hard to get tickets to watch them play and its a packed house every night. they have produced some fine players over the years....
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

tuzzi44 wrote:I follow the Medicine Hat Tigers, but its super hard to get tickets to watch them play and its a packed house every night. they have produced some fine players over the years....
Whats the seating capacity in your arena Tuzzi?
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

dangler, capacity isnt alot... probably less than five thousand... but considering this city is basically full of old people, i'd say we get pretty good fan support all season long :)
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Soundy
AHL Prospect

Post by Soundy »

A good playoff run always helps add to the fan base, the Giants came pretty close to selling out the 16,000-seat Pacific Coliseum by the WHL finals last year... had a hair over 12,000 for the season opener too, although it was closer to 7,000-some for the Broncos' visit (still sold out the lower bowl). Expect it to pick up a little more once the Lions' season is over and not adding to the strain on peoples' wallets.
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

12,000 for the opener? Sigh... I wish. Went to a Saskatoon Blades game last night (3-2 SO win... Colton Gillies has some handles), and the place was nearly empty. They had the upper level curtained off, but even the lower bowl was quite sparse. A little deflating for fan spirit.
Soundy
AHL Prospect

Post by Soundy »

Well, that was opening night with the big banner-raising thing... I was kind of expecting more for the Broncos game. Keep in mind this is in a city with a 1 million-plus population and close to another million in the surrounding region, that's already got two major sports franchises...