Canucks game tonight in HIGH DEFINITION !

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

yammi
CC Veteran

Canucks game tonight in HIGH DEFINITION !

Post by yammi »

Thank you TSN-HD !

Those of us with newer TVs finally get to see the boys in high definition tonight!

If you've made the move to HD, don't miss it because this may be only game all season that's not broadcast in "crap vision."
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

More importantly, it's on a network that those of us outside of BC can get!!
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Dunno if this will be in HD on Center Ice...
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

Jyrki21 wrote:More importantly, it's on a network that those of us outside of BC can get!!
Some of us don't have (or want) cable, y'know :P

But I'm off to Clinton's now to see if they've got the game on, if there's no goddamn baseball in the way.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I keep hearing how HD will be great for the NHL. Is it really that much clearer for hockey, vs a good digital signal on a good tv?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Canuck2
CC Veteran

Post by Canuck2 »

It doesn't matter if a boring game is in high-def, it still sucks! If the Canucks continue to play this boring system, I think I'll tune into less games or just make sure I have something comfortable to lie on, since falling asleep will be the outcome for most of the games.

In fact, I was watching it on my pal's big screen and I am feeling pretty nauseous right now, was sitting a little too close to the screen.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Cornuck wrote:I keep hearing how HD will be great for the NHL. Is it really that much clearer for hockey, vs a good digital signal on a good tv?
Yes.

While digital looks good there is a huge difference between digital and HD.
midknight
AHL Prospect

Post by midknight »

it was on TSN.. whenever there is a national broadcast it wont be duplicated on a center ice channel...
orts wrote:
Jyrki21 wrote:More importantly, it's on a network that those of us outside of BC can get!!
Some of us don't have (or want) cable, y'know :P

But I'm off to Clinton's now to see if they've got the game on, if there's no goddamn baseball in the way.
yammi
CC Veteran

Post by yammi »

Cornuck wrote:I keep hearing how HD will be great for the NHL. Is it really that much clearer for hockey, vs a good digital signal on a good tv?
Absolutely yes ... on a high-quality, large screen unit (50-70"), the experience can be close to being there in the building in the best seats at centre ice. HD on a newer version LCOS rear-projection TV is especially clear (and less susceptible to screen problems like the "screen door" effect you see on plasmas and cheaper LCDs at shorter viewing distances). Unfortunately for Canuck fans, the western Canadian teams will probably be the last to put a good number of their games on HD because Rogers Sportsnet won't make the investment in HD equipment for regional coverage, Canuck PPV will probably be in standard definition (fuzzy-vision) for a long time yet, and CBC will probably continue to broadcast pretty much only Leaf & Hab games in HD on HNIC because of budget constraints (HD trucks cost megabucks).
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Yes absolutely! Putting aside the incredible picture quality and how much more clearly you can see things as they happen, because of the widescreen format you can see all the action you typically miss happening outside of the camera shot on a regular tv. I.E. you hear the crowd all boo or yell at the same time and nothing seems to be happening, on HD you can see the guys in the back pursuing and dragging a guy down etc.

You can even tell the Sedins apart in HD! :D
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Sports - any sports look terrific in HD. Is HD that much better than SD (standard definition)? Heck even regular TV looks better in HD. You really have to see it to appreciate it. Go down to your favourite electronics store and see it for yourself.