John Garrett, the second coming of Nostradamus?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Harold
CC Veteran

John Garrett, the second coming of Nostradamus?

Post by Harold »

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/pre ... s_2006.php

The Sportsnet panel lists their predictions for the coming season. Now many sports pundits have written how the Canucks will do badly and miss the playoffs this season. But it is nice to know that one guy has got it right. Yup, Mr. Garrett in his infinite wisdom has our lovable Vancouver Canucks winning the Stanley Cup this year. 8-)
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

All i gotta say is if the canucks make the playoffs they can potentially run all the way to the finals on Luongos goaltending even though he has no playoff experience it doesnt matter hes a man and hes a great goalie and a rookie won the stanley cup and conn smythe last season so skys the limit

I just think its stupid when ppl say "he cant do it cuz he has no experience"

Thats like saying "I cant" or "i forgot"

mental road blocks get you no where and so does negative thinking
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Re: John Garrett, the second coming of Nostradamus?

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

Harold wrote:http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/pre ... s_2006.php

The Sportsnet panel lists their predictions for the coming season. Now many sports pundits have written how the Canucks will do badly and miss the playoffs this season. But it is nice to know that one guy has got it right. Yup, Mr. Garrett in his infinite wisdom has our lovable Vancouver Canucks winning the Stanley Cup this year. 8-)
You know what as much as I love that he chose the Canucks, John Garret is a one team man... Canucks only and he will choose the Canucks over any team... he is extremely biased and is a pipe dream thinker.

I actually find him to be kinda stupid. It really frustrates me when the Canucks are losing and he says something so retarded its just like SHUT UP, why dont u think before u speak.
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: John Garrett, the second coming of Nostradamus?

Post by JCardinal »

Nanaimo_Nuck wrote:I actually find him to be kinda stupid. It really frustrates me when the Canucks are losing and he says something so retarded its just like SHUT UP, why dont u think before u speak.
Wow! I don't mind him at all. If you find him annoying you must go into an apopleptic fit when Greg Millen is on.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

He's a dumb Canucks homer.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Things must be dull in Leaf-Land eh Tuna? I can't figure out why you've got your finger on the pulse of Canucks Corner unless you are secretly a 'Nucks fan.

Let it out, you'll feel better.
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

BigTuna wrote:He's a dumb Canucks homer.
Well I guess it is fair, seeing as how Bob Cole, Harry Neal, Don Cherry, and most of the rest of the Hockey Night in Canada Crew, as well as most of TSN and Sportsnet are 'dumb' Leaf homers.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="Harold"][quote="BigTuna"]He's a dumb Canucks homer.[/quote]

Well I guess it is fair, seeing as how Bob Cole, Harry Neal, Don Cherry, and most of the rest of the Hockey Night in Canada Crew, as well as most of TSN and Sportsnet are 'dumb' Leaf homers.[/quote]

Is that why everyone on Sportsnet and TSN picked the leaves to miss the playoffs?

There's not nearly as many Leaf homers as you people claim. No one is as out word about it as Garrett.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="Puck"]Things must be dull in Leaf-Land eh Tuna? I can't figure out why you've got your finger on the pulse of Canucks Corner unless you are secretly a 'Nucks fan.

Let it out, you'll feel better.[/quote]

6-0 destroying of Ottawa last night has me feeling good.
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

BigTuna wrote:
Puck wrote:Things must be dull in Leaf-Land eh Tuna? I can't figure out why you've got your finger on the pulse of Canucks Corner unless you are secretly a 'Nucks fan.

Let it out, you'll feel better.
6-0 destroying of Ottawa last night has me feeling good.
Welcome to the Vancouver Canucks message board. Just wondering, are you here to add to the discussions about the Canucks that goes on here, or are you just here to troll?
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Let him troll if that's what he does. I think trolls are hilarious, they're usually lonely and bitter people with lousy lives that take emotional lift from enraging others. So enjoy the chuckle when they try and let it go.
Molson Muscle
CC Veteran

Post by Molson Muscle »

Happy...your description of a troll is eerily similar to the appropriate description of a leaves fan (and A Flames fan as well, but I digress). Nice work.
Rehab is for quitters
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Nanaimo_Nuck wrote:All i gotta say is if the canucks make the playoffs they can potentially run all the way to the finals on Luongos goaltending even though he has no playoff experience it doesnt matter hes a man and hes a great goalie and a rookie won the stanley cup and conn smythe last season so skys the limit

I just think its stupid when ppl say "he cant do it cuz he has no experience"

Thats like saying "I cant" or "i forgot"

mental road blocks get you no where and so does negative thinking
I am one of those who believes that the Canucks will struggle, particularly if they experience a lot of injuries and their lack of depth is exposed.

But I will always say this: if the Canucks make the playoffs, with Luongo in goal, anything can happen. Even the Stanley Cup.

dp
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
Molson Muscle
CC Veteran

Post by Molson Muscle »

Pratt...you're by a computer at 8 on a Friday night...I'm severely disappointed.
Rehab is for quitters
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

To much GHB eh Pratt? A cold compress will bring her around so you can seal the deal!
Don Cherry for Prime Minister