Sedins With Nazzy?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should Naslund Be The Sedin's Linemate?

OHH YEAH, TOTALLY.
29%
NOOO WAY.
71%

Total votes: 28

magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

I agree with the putting all your eggs into one basket philosophy. Naz with the twins makes the team too one dimensional. They have been teammates long enough that they should know what to expect from each other so I wouldn't waste time playing them togetyher in preseason when there are so many new guys to familiarize with.
I think that even though we are paying Kesler the 1.9 it would be a mistake to hurry him along.. We signed him more for what he can do for us in years to come , not what we expect him to do this year ... we need to stay focused on that
I'm on the other side. I think if we HAVE to pay him that money the least we can expect is for him to earn it. With that kind of money comes big expectatins and I don't think he should be sheltered from that. He is only signed for 1 year so I say throw him in the fire-if he responds and earns his contract great, but if he falters then we can use that against him in July when he expects to be qualified at 1.9mill. Too expensive to coddle him for the future when we aren't even certain that the Canucks are the team that will benefit from his development.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

There are ltos of good and bad things.
The best thing: It will be a top-line in the NHL, just like the Nazzy-Mo-Bert days.
The worst thing: What will happen to our other lines. "All our eggs in the same basket"

It's a pretty hard decisino, use them in the 3rd or in must-score chances or PP.
I Hart Luongo.
hairball
AHL Prospect

Post by hairball »

Might as well let nazzy play with them , if nothing else the rookies and new teammates can get a chance to see how it's done. Besides that the Twins can try to get a nice groove going with a player not scared of standing at the net. Also good stuff if nazzy gets some points early to ensure a good confidence level for the whole team.(always better when the man with the "C" is racking up points.
hockeyhockeyhockey
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

After teams stop the Ikea line, then what? Expect Linden to score 30 goals?

Power play sure, late in the game and need a goal - sure. If they have chemistry great, then let them play together occasionally - not as permanent line.

I read that they were a line on some news site and just shook my head.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

hey Vegas, love the avatar :D
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

tuzzi44 wrote:hey Vegas, love the avatar :D
Me too, jsut noticed it ;)
Next one as said in a post, a Calgary Flames logo over a corn roast! (How I Hate Those Flames..)
I Hart Luongo.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

I have frequently read on this site the lament : "Nothing against Morrison, but he's not really a number 1 centre in this league". At least with this arrangement, you can now be certain that Morrison is the number 2 centre.

I think we all agree on the downside of being a one-line club, so the wisdom of this arrangement may depend on the effectiveness of the Pyatt-Morrison-Bulis line. It has been suggested that to be more effective, Morrison needs to shoot more; maybe these are the linemates to encourage that. The Sedins need a finisher, and Naslund probably has the most effective shot on the team. The overall objective is to get the maximum productivity out of the available forwards, so if these turn out to be the lines with the best chemistry, then that's the sensible way to go.
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

All I have to say is Naslund can bring the Sedins to ULTIMATE STARDOM and Naslund can bring himself back to what he was a couple years ago.

Imagine the scoring potential, plus/minus (my favorite stat) PUCK POSSESION equals no goals against "OMG I DONT WANTS NASLUND ON THAT LINE HE NEEDS TO BE A MINUS PLAYER" said the retard fan. You dont want the other team to score do ya? Sedins are great with that, which could be good for Nazzy.

I dont understand what some of you don't understand.

IF NASLUND PLAYS WITH THE SEDINS ALL THREE PLAYERS WILL BE THE MOST SOLID LINE THE CANUCKS CAN HAVE. THE SEDINS ARE THE TEAM FOR YEARS TO COME. IMAGINE THE GOAL SCORING POTENTIAL THEY WILL RECEIVE FROM NASLUND AND YOU WILL BE SAYING "OMG IM STUPID FOR DOUBTING THEM"

Here's something that isnt hockey, but it makes you think smarter and less stupid like I've noticed some ppl are here but that's expected....

So if you're putting a journeyman carpenter on the broom as the labourer... it aint worth the money. Why would u put (naslund) the journeyman carpenter with some drywaller... if u do trades u can see my analogy.... drywallers are usually drug users and brainless but theyre usually really tough and one track minded (MATT COOKE FOR EXAMPLE) and they always complain about carpenters framing. CHEMISTRY ISNT THERE.

Naslund is a defensive liability on other lines, play him on a puck possesion line and he will score more and every one will get better morale and confidence.

PUT THE PPL THAT DO THEIR JOBS WITH THE SAME KINDA PPL AND THE OTHER PPL WITH THE OTHER PPL AND THINGS GET DONE BETTER.

think of the team as a job site

some of u think a (stone mason) would be an excellent (carpenter).... you see what I'm gettin at... the put the top tier at the top to organize the job get it done right, lower tier works with lower tier and everyone knows their role and it works better that way. You dont put a roofer on an electrical crew... I think some ppl are just not much for thinking and organizational skills.

And you guys think Kesler if overpaid... think of him as the apprentice. He will be top tier in just a couple years making a solid wage doing an excellent job.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Tonight's Canucks lineup:

Sedin - Sedin - Naslund
Pyatt - Morrison - Bulis
Burrows - Kesler - Cooke
Green - Santala - Linden

Ohlund - Salo
Krajicek - Mitchell
Fitzpatrick - Bieksa

Luongo

Confirmed by TSN.
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

I really like lines 1 and 3

I think if Burrows thinks smart and gives it 110% running around checking but not being a liability on defense he can succeed... Kesler is the apprentice on this team and that's that... now with Kesler and Cooke working together with Burrows they can all work on a 3 man crew and be very successful as an in your face line... all 3 have can create scoring chances working together... this line can be very very very successful. This line is the back bone of the team. I think these these 3 players will find themselves on the scoresheet quite a bit because of theyre playing style beat you up and scare you and they will get second guessed by opponents cuz of theyre size and age but watch out. If cooke gets hurt again it could scrap such a good thing.