Linden Sued by Chelios, Roloson and Klatt

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

KieranGunn
AHL Prospect

Post by KieranGunn »

Couldn't Trevor get a restraining order againt these guys. Preventing these guys to play vs Vancouver in Canada.

I know it probably doesn't work that way, but wishful thinking.

The timing of the lawsuit is hilarious though, 4 days before the start of the season.

But imagine this, if Linden comes into contact with one of these players that is suing him, more likely Chelios, and they play up an injury. Couldnt they point to this lawsuit as cause?
Good, Bad, ..... I'm the guy with the gun.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

KieranGunn wrote:Couldn't Trevor get a restraining order againt these guys. Preventing these guys to play vs Vancouver in Canada.
They would actually have to do something to him first... exercising their legal rights doesn't count.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Andrew Ference, of all people, very publicly stands up for Linden.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/20 ... 4-sun.html

Ference was aghast Linden's job was called into question to such a degree.

"Get real, these guys put so much time and effort into what they did ... Thanks to them, we're actually playing right now," he said. "Thank God that Trevor was in charge and we had some of those guys in those meetings because there was a voice of reason, and that's the main reason we didn't have two years of lockout and an absolutely abysmal sport right now."
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

unikron wrote:Call me a synical, but I can't help feeling that Klatt is trying to work his way into the Union Exec. And that is all this is for him.
I fully agree. I think he wanted the NHLPA job, hence his retirement. What else would he care at this point?
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Chelios should be sued for depriving a "union brother" of a paycheck when he played in the minors for $500 a week during the lockout. ;)
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Meerschaum wrote:Andrew Ference, of all people, very publicly stands up for Linden.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey/20 ... 4-sun.html

Ference was aghast Linden's job was called into question to such a degree.

"Get real, these guys put so much time and effort into what they did ... Thanks to them, we're actually playing right now," he said. "Thank God that Trevor was in charge and we had some of those guys in those meetings because there was a voice of reason, and that's the main reason we didn't have two years of lockout and an absolutely abysmal sport right now."
Good and classy of him and Iginla for speaking up.
Mark
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

*CanucksForLife* wrote:
Bartman wrote:On a hockey note I hope this doens't hang over Linden's head this season. I was/am excited to see if he can come back from last year and have a more effective season.

I won't pretend to know what took place with Saskin's hiring but this whole story sounds like sour grapes to me.
Amen Brotha' :rockin:

i know someone who is friends with trevor and spoke with him after he heard about this. i asked him about it and mentioned that i hoped he wouldnt have this hanging over his head during the season. he assured me that trevor isn't worried about it, because he knew it was coming and that there is no basis behind the suit. so...hopefully that's the way it is.