Linden Sued by Chelios, Roloson and Klatt

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Linden Sued by Chelios, Roloson and Klatt

Post by Meerschaum »

The sour grapes among the NHLPA dissident faction continues.

Linden, along with Ted Saskin, is being sued by Chelios, Roloson and Klatt.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179666&hubname=

They accuse Linden of having infringed the democratic rights of the players and there are allegations of impropriety in Saskin's election, misrepresentation of salary figures during negotiations and illegal diversion of union funds.

Ugly accusations by some ugly veterans who still can't seem to accept that Bettman held the winning hand in the lock-out.

It's ancient history. Let it go guys.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

What is a Canucks season without a lawsuit hanging over the team? :(
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

It's ancient history. Let it go guys.
I don't know who's wrong or who's right... but if Saskin was "improperly elected, he misrepresented salary figures during negotiations, and he illegally diverted tens of millions of dollars in union funds for his own benefit" I don't think one should let it go. Then you do your best to make sure it doesn't happen again. Just calling someone over the phone and say "don't do this again" is not enough. That won't prevent people from doing exactly the same thing again if they think it's in their own interest and they can benefit from it.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Man that's one huge "IF" Saskin etc. I mean if pigs fly we'll all need bigger hats.

Seems to me 90% of the membership was happy and did not see any misplaced funds issue
cheers
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Seems to me 90% of the membership was happy
Maybe... or perhaps 90% just thought it was history and let it go... they weren't necessarily happy.

I _think_ you are right, it's probably just sour grapes, but we don't really know, do we?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

We never will know either just speculation. But think if you feel some one has put it to you at work it takes on a whole life of it's own rioght or wrong. The pearls I have heard from Chelios is he's not the sharpest knife in the draw ( remember in the previous strike he want Bettemans kids to be killed !!

He's a vindictive git IMO
cheers
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

On a hockey note I hope this doens't hang over Linden's head this season. I was/am excited to see if he can come back from last year and have a more effective season.

I won't pretend to know what took place with Saskin's hiring but this whole story sounds like sour grapes to me.
R.I.P. Luc.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Well here's a few thoughts.....

Chelios, Rolosn and Klatt need to get over it. It's obvious they're group is in the minority.

Opening night will be interesting when Linden goes into the corner or parks in front of the net.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Hmm...

Chelios should've retired, oh, I don't know, six years ago?
Klatt retired because he felt 'misrepresented.'
And Roloson is just sticking around 'cause he can.

Not the most likeable group of players is it?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Finally Chelios is saying things like 15% of the players support them. He used to be fond of insinuating the majority of players supported him in this, but he never gave numbers or names. Funny how his 15% is the same number that voted against Saskin not to long back. Of that 15% how many are willing to put their necks on the line in this lawsuit? Given the only current players using their names seem to be Roloson and Chelios I'm guessing essentially none of them.

In all likelihood this gets shot down in court like all the other suits they filed.

Perhaps Roloson and Chelios should concentrate on playing and perhaps Klatt should simply wake up and smell the coffee.

Yeah they did some things that weren't above board but had they not done so the union would have been lost. This way they still have bargaining power and have gained greater control of the business. They went back admitted the mistakes and rectified them. Case closed. Move on already.

I hope Linden runs Roloson.
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

Bartman wrote:On a hockey note I hope this doens't hang over Linden's head this season. I was/am excited to see if he can come back from last year and have a more effective season.

I won't pretend to know what took place with Saskin's hiring but this whole story sounds like sour grapes to me.
Amen Brotha' :rockin:
I Hart Luongo.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Yep... is this how its gonna go now?? gotta get our one lawsuit of the season in there... lets just hope it doesnt drag out and ruin Linden's season so that we have to trade more "cancer" out of the dressing room. 8-) Oh, and if Linden retires after this season, were gonna have to find our next lawsuit prodigy
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Next year's lawsuit: RJ Umberger, Josh Holden, and Harold Druken will sue Kesler for accepting Clarkes offer sheet and causing 'mental anguish' over thier own lost seasons and contract woes....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Next year's lawsuit: RJ Umberger, Josh Holden, and Harold Druken will sue Kesler for accepting Clarkes offer sheet and causing 'mental anguish' over thier own lost seasons and contract woes....
How about Druken, Holden, Kariya, Reid, Fedorov sue for unfair hiring practices by the Canucks management for obvious favoritism towards other players with less talent than them?
unikron
AHL Prospect

Post by unikron »

Call me a synical, but I can't help feeling that Klatt is trying to work his way into the Union Exec. And that is all this is for him.
"I, know I could make it right, if I could just swallow my pride".