Denis Hamel

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Larionov
CC Veteran

Denis Hamel

Post by Larionov »

The Senators are making final cuts today, like everyone else, and one of the guys on the bubble is Denis Hamel. Dude scored 5 goals in pre-season, had 56 in the AHL last year, and 39 the year before when there were lots of NHLers in the "A" due to the lockout. Dude is only 29, and plays a good two way game.

Bottom line -- if the Senators are dumb enough to try to waive this guy to send him back down to Binghampton, the Canucks should put in a claim, if someone doesn't beat us to it. Given our appalling lack of scoring depth beyond the first line, a guy like this is worth a shot. (He also comes with a very cap friendly salary.)
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I think Dv will be scrutinizing the waiver wire very very carefully, this is where the quality of our Pro scouting will show
cheers
the_ogopogo
AHL Prospect

Post by the_ogopogo »

The Ottawa Senators have made their final roster moves ahead of the season. The Senators have cut Jamie Allison, Josh Hennessey, Michal Barinka, Tomas Malec, Andy Hedlund and Serge Payer. Making the cut were Denis Hamel and Alexei Kaigarodov.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Well, looks like he's not available... Too bad, I wouldn't have minded him competing with Pyatt for a spot with Morrison and Bulis on the second line. I think one guy who Nonis will take a long look at today, assuming he hits the waiver wire, which most people think he will, is Tellqvist.