Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:50 am Too much smoke from Dahlen's camp, obviously he wasn't happy with how he was being developed, seems like he wanted to jump straight into the NHL like Petey, but he wasn't ready and he didn't want to put in the work.

Virtanen got better down there, Kole Lind and Gadjovich didn't complain they are putting in hard work and it's paying off as they are starting to come around to the pro game after shaking off the junior warts.

Olli Juolevi was playing as the Comets top dman playing in every situation and was playing great! till he got injured.

Demko.

Just 5'6 Palmu said nay to the AHL - went back to SM-liiga, he's the type to be able to play in the NHL at around 25 years of age, if at all, at 5'6 he'd be the smallest NHL player, at least Alex DeBrincat is 5'7 aha but he scored over 100pts in every junior season.

The AHL you have to be able to learn a decent two-way game at least, can't just be pure offense and float around. It's what TG is trying to teach Goldy, he was hard on Hutton last season & it's paid off as Huts is playing way better this season.

Goldy is playing much more solid game lately, JB said they have no plans to move him and are going to work with him as he does have good talent scoring wise, just needs to work on consistency and come back on defense to help out.
No. Olaf was 6th in ice time among D men when he got shut down. Lind and Gadjovich are developing at a snails pace in the AHL right now.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:11 pm Elias Petterson might want to step it up a bit. Rasmus Dahlin is closing the gap for the Calder
Pettersson - 54 games
Dahlen - 65 games

Pettersson has missed 11 games this season, I wonder how many more points he’d have had he not been injured twice
Well if the last 10 games are any indication not much more... 8-)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

olpaddy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:22 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:11 pm Elias Petterson might want to step it up a bit. Rasmus Dahlin is closing the gap for the Calder
Pettersson - 54 games
Dahlen - 65 games

Pettersson has missed 11 games this season, I wonder how many more points he’d have had he not been injured twice
Well if the last 10 games are any indication not much more... 8-)
WOW! Hammer down, huh? not 8-)
offer me 5 nylanders for him and I'd tell yo-------------------------------------------------------
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Dahlen’s agent confirmed he asked for a trade, after the trade went down.
The only HW the Canucks need
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:08 am
No. Olaf was 6th in ice time among D men when he got shut down. Lind and Gadjovich are developing at a snails pace in the AHL right now.
Where are you finding TOI stats for Utica?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:59 am
Where are you finding TOI stats for Utica?
I went off of what orcatown and bad goalie from hfboards were reporting. Even though hfboards is covered with piss stained mouth breathers those two are among a handful of useful resources there. I tried to look myself but I couldn’t find those stats. I do know he put up the vast majority of his points on the pp.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:50 am Olli Juolevi was playing as the Comets top dman playing in every situation and was playing great! till he got injured.
False

And how would you even know that? you went to the game with a stop watch? as the AHL doesn't keep those stats of TOI at all.
Talked with Utica gm Ryan Johnson about the Comets 1st 2 games of the season. Johnson on Juolevi :

"I liked his play, played 20 minutes both nights and looked very composed on the pp. He is making lots of smart reads, I'm excited about him."
Keeping:

Juolevi had a steady debut for the #Comets Led Utica d-men with,
-11 CTL Exits on 22 touches.
-63% share of shots
-11 Shots (9 ES, 2 PP)
-6 Shot Assists (1ES, 5 PP)
-17 Primary Shot Contributions
Canucks army breakdown of Juolevi's strong game play -
https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/30/olli ... um=twitter

And looking at the Comets lineups in November, Juolevi was on the top pairing a lot prior to his injury either playing with Chatfield or Sifers (alternate captain)

Nov 7 top pk unit -
MacEwen and Kero
Juolevi, Sifers,

&

Comets first PP unit
Dahlen - Kero - MacEwen
MacMaster - Juolevi

So Juolevi was getting top pairing minutes, top powerplay minutes and top penalty kill minutes.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No he wasn’t getting top pairing minutes. I’ll go with the guys who actually watch the games. He was getting sheltered minutes for most of his brief chunk of a season. Hopefully they would have increased as he apparently had a couple 20 minute games near the end of his 20 game tenure.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:23 pm No he wasn’t getting top pairing minutes.

I’ll go with the guys who actually watch the games.

He was getting sheltered minutes for most of his brief chunk of a season. Hopefully they would have increased as he apparently had a couple 20 minute games near the end of his 20 game tenure.
Did you even read that article from October 30th?
Primarily, he’s currently in the best situation when considering his development as a player. He’s on the top pairing in Utica with Jalen Chatfield, who is exactly the type of partner Juolevi needs to compliment his playing style. Juolevi needs a right-handed partner who is a plus skater, capable of making aggressive reads in the neutral zone and becoming a passing option in the defensive zone. This is exactly what Chatfield does as he himself is becoming an option for the Canucks when he’s back to full health, but that’s a different story.

Additionally, Juolevi is getting top power-play and penalty-killing experience in Utica. This is resulting in over 20 minutes per game and is critical for his development.

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/30/olli-juolevi/
Even the Comets writer Hergott (who watches every Utica game obviously) said:
"Juolevi was in the top pair with Jalen Chatfield from day one."

It's ok to lose a message board debate once in awhile blob.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:43 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:23 pm No he wasn’t getting top pairing minutes.

He was getting sheltered minutes for most of his brief chunk of a season. Hopefully they would have increased as he apparently had a couple 20 minute games near the end of his 20 game tenure.
Primarily, he’s currently in the best situation when considering his development as a player. He’s on the top pairing in Utica with Jalen Chatfield, who is exactly the type of partner Juolevi needs to compliment his playing style. Juolevi needs a right-handed partner who is a plus skater, capable of making aggressive reads in the neutral zone and becoming a passing option in the defensive zone. This is exactly what Chatfield does as he himself is becoming an option for the Canucks when he’s back to full health, but that’s a different story.

Additionally, Juolevi is getting top power-play and penalty-killing experience in Utica. This is resulting in over 20 minutes per game and is critical for his development.

I’ll take the word of the orcatown guy

But thanks anyways :thumbs:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

At the end of the day Skyo. If he didn’t have a back injury he would have been called up by now. At that point we will both have a better idea of what he is or isn’t.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:43 pm

WIN: Skyo

Blob was talking out his ass again so Skyo ripped off his head and shit down the hole...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ever generous Blob concedes to the Special Olympians

:thumbs:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Admit it Blob, you flat out lied to the board about how OJ has performed in the AHL and Skyo called you on it.

It's one thing to bitch and moan during a rebuild about bleakness, but lying is another thing altogether...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:43 pm Admit it Blob, you flat out lied to the board about how OJ has performed in the AHL and Skyo called you on it.

It's one thing to bitch and moan during a rebuild about bleakness, but lying is another thing altogether...
Sure