Ron MacLean to referee part of a game tonight (Sept. 29).

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Ron MacLean to referee part of a game tonight (Sept. 29).

Post by Tukaram »

Story:
Meanwhile, TSN has an extra all-Canadian match-up, new faces including Belinda Stronach's good friend and more HD.

As good as all that sounds, CBC added a bonus yesterday when it announced that host Ron MacLean will referee the second period of tonight's Buffalo-Pittsburgh pre-season game as part of a feature that will run on Thursday's Hockey Night In Canada opener.

The feature could be a good one in itself, but the real bonus is that it might put an end to MacLean's tiring and tiresome crusade against the NHL's new style of officiating.

That would be the style that just about everybody but MacLean loves.

The idea of having MacLean, a certified junior hockey referee, handle part of an NHL game came from the league for obvious reasons. Put MacLean in an official's skates and he might end his almost weekly tirades that prompted even Don Cherry to tell him to give it a rest.
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Wow - where did you quote the story from? Someone who likes seeing the whole frickin game played with special teams and decided in a shoot out?

I'm looking forward to seeing this, as I agree with MacLean about the "new rules".
I'm not looking forward to another season of Phantom penalties, dives and even-up calls.

"2 minutes for looking at him the wrong way"

As a kid I was a huge basketball fan, but have long lost interest as the NBA when they moved to similar foul calls.

Let them play!

Hope things go well for Ron on the ice!
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

Hey, Richard! Two minutes for looking so good!