Reid Sent Down to the Moose

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Reid Sent Down to the Moose

Post by Soapy »

from the Canucks site:

The following players have been assigned to the Manitoba Moose:

Bouck, Tyler Right Wing Manitoba Moose AHL
Brown, Mike Right Wing Manitoba Moose AHL
Edler, Alexander Defence Manitoba Moose AHL
Goren, Lee Right Wing Manitoba Moose AHL
MacIntyre, Drew Goaltender Manitoba Moose AHL
McIver, Nathan Defence Manitoba Moose AHL
Reid, Brandon Centre Manitoba Moose AHL
Schultz, Jesse Right Wing Manitoba Moose AHL
Tremblay, Yannick Defence Manitoba Moose AHL

The following player has been assigned to his junior team:

Grabner, Michael Right Wing Spokane Chiefs WHL
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

...and Hansen wasn't, interesting.
Mark
krutov
AHL Prospect

Post by krutov »

Is there a list of who is left in camp anywhere ?
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

MarkMM wrote:...and Hansen wasn't, interesting.
And also Coloumbe.
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Dammit, I wanted Reid to make the squad...
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

krutov wrote:Is there a list of who is left in camp anywhere ?
1 Roberto Luongo G
2 Mattias Ohlund D
3 Kevin Bieksa D
4 Luc Bourdon D
5 Lukas Krajicek D
6 Sami Salo D
7 Brendan Morrison C
8 Willie Mitchell D
9 Taylor Pyatt LW/RW
14 Alexandre Burrows LW/RW
15 Rick Rypien C
16 Trevor Linden C/RW
18 Rory Fitzpatrick D
19 Markus Naslund LW/RW
20 Ryan Kesler C
22 Daniel Sedin LW
24 Matt Cooke LW/RW
26 Tommi Santala C
30 Wade Flaherty G
32 Marc Chouinard C
33 Henrik Sedin C
36 Josh Green F
38 Jan Bulis LW/RW
59 Jannik Hansen LW/RW
64 Patrick Coulombe D
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Wow

Nonis+Vigneault=outright liars

I only say this in regards to how 'one way/two way contracts' aren't going to be a factor when it comes to deciding who stays & goes. Of course we all knew they would be, and always are...but then why come out and say the 'best men for the job' will win the spots, blah blah. Create a false sense of hope to make camp more competitive?

Reid has been by FAR one of the top standout players in camp thus far....and its not like he's exactly had Naslund as a linemate either....he's created opportunities every game he's played, skated circles around players out there, worked his ass off & created opportunities. With the LAME-ASS showing this team has provided offensively so far, how can one of our TOP offensive sparkplugs be demoted just like that? Surely he deserved another game or two to show what he could do. So much for the "new" NHL with players like Gionta being able to succeed w/o their height holding them back. That was how Reid was sold wasn't it? *

Another small player, Rypien has also been a standout....but for different reasons....he stays and he's HURT right now. Don't get me wrong I like Rypien alot....but he isn't going to help offensively whatsoever....in fact, players who produce as little as Rypien can actually hurt us a bit through lack of production. Offence has been at a premium for the nUx so far....and it might just get worse....yet we keep a plugger over a strong 2-way player?

Chouinard=brutal so far....not so hot on faceoffs....brings very little to the table offensively. Are we playing the trap this year?

Santala=complete non-factor & uninspired so far. Brings NOTHING to the table offensively that I can see. But wait, he's got some size...

This is shit people.

Message, how you perform means very little when mgmt has already made up their mind.....just goes to show HOW bad Schultz has been because w/ Balej & King bolting the spot w/ the Sedins was HIS to loose. Also, just goes to show how GOOD Coulombe has been....downright spectacular.

What a shock that all the one way contracts are here....and all the players demoted are on two ways.....ahhh, it must be a coincidence thats all.
Last edited by ClamRussel on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Did we draft Coulombe?

Patrick Coulombe Defense
Born Apr 23 1985 -- St-Fabien, PQ
Height 5.09 -- Weight 163 -- Shoots L

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2001-02 Rimouski Oceanic QMJHL 34 0 8 8 30 7 0 3 3 2
2002-03 Rimouski Oceanic QMJHL 72 6 25 31 48 -- -- -- -- --
2003-04 Rimouski Oceanic QMJHL 59 7 38 45 32 9 0 5 5 0
2004-05 Rimouski Oceanic QMJHL 70 8 60 68 46 13 2 17 19 6
2005-06 Rimouski Oceanic QMJHL 29 5 23 28 18
2005-06 Chicoutimi Sagueneens QMJHL 33 18 31 49 22
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

He's currently not signed and was undrafted.

A training camp tryout contract is what he landed as far as I know.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

ClamRussel wrote:Wow

I only say this in regards to how 'one way/two way contracts' aren't going to be a factor when it comes to deciding who stays & goes. Of course we all knew they would be, and always are...but then why come out and say the 'best men for the job' will win the spots, blah blah. Create a false sense of hope to make camp more competitive?

Reid has been by FAR one of the top standout players in camp thus far....and its not like he's exactly had Naslund as a linemate either....he's created opportunities every game he's played, skated circles around players out there, worked his ass off & created opportunities. With the LAME-ASS showing this team has provided offensively so far, how can one of our TOP offensive sparkplugs be demoted just like that? Surely he deserved another game or two to show what he could do. So much for the "new" NHL with players like Gionta being able to succeed w/o their height holding them back. That was how Reid was sold wasn't it? *

Another small player, Rypien has also been a standout....but for different reasons....he stays and he's HURT right now. Don't get me wrong I like Rypien alot....but he isn't going to help offensively whatsoever....in fact, players who produce as little as Rypien can actually hurt us a bit through lack of production. Offence has been at a premium for the nUx so far....and it might just get worse....yet we keep a plugger over a strong 2-way player?

Chouinard=brutal so far....not so hot on faceoffs....brings very little to the table offensively. Are we playing the trap this year?

Santala=complete non-factor & uninspired so far. Brings NOTHING to the table offensively that I can see. But wait, he's got some size...

This is shit people.

Message, how you perform means very little when mgmt has already made up their mind.....just goes to show HOW bad Schultz has been because w/ Balej & King bolting the spot w/ the Sedins was HIS to loose. Also, just goes to show how GOOD Coulombe has been....downright spectacular.

What a shock that all the one way contracts are here....and all the players demoted are on two ways.....ahhh, it must be a coincidence thats all.

Choiunard and Santala have been unimpressive. I'm dissapointed with Reid being sent down too....I would think he's first call-up though.

I'm frustrated...last year the team was talented but had no work ethic. Now...no talent and STILL no work ethic.

HOW THE F$^$^ CAN CHIOUNARD PLAY LIKE THAT WHEN HE HAS TO PROVE HE WAS A GOOD SIGNING FOR 1.1 MILLION???????????????????????

its still pre-season though.

I have a bit of hope left ;)
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

ClamRussel wrote:Wow

This is shit people.

I'm thinking two things on this, either they're still going to trade someone from the one-way list and then bring back one of these guys, or as good as Reid was, he didn't fit into the team's plans. Even with the glut of one-ways, they still kept guys like Hansen and Santala up, so maybe they're concerned with Reid's finishing abilities? Santala has been really good on the face-offs, and would be the prime suspect to replace Chouinard if we could trade him, maybe we're keeping Chouinard on the team to showcase him for a trade (that could apply to anyone else still up, for that matter).
Mark
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Sorry about the Cloube post, didn't realize it was already posted.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

everything I've read is that Reid hasn't been impressive at all. He makes a nice rush or two but ultimately does nothing. It's pretty much time to simply admit that Reid is not NHL ready. It's no longer "oh Crow didn't like him". It's two completely different coaching staffs that feel he's not ready. He didn't even stick to the last cuts so they really don't feel he's all that close.

Reid failed to grab a position. He didn't outplay anyone enough to earn a top 6 spot and frankly he is not suited for the bottom 6 and never will be. People forget that a guy like Reid has to outplay someone not only in camp but show more than what a veteran has historically shown (i.e. Chouinard has been a fulltime NHL player for quite some time and plays a role that Reid can not).. He didn't do that. Not even close. And it was a foregone conclusion when camp started.

First call up? nah. The guys still around are the ones that will receive the early season call ups if they are necessary. Unless Reid lights it up then maybe but I think you'd see them shuffle around Kesler to the top 6 for an injury there and use the typical bottom 6 guys in the bottom 6.

not everything is a conspiracy to keep the little guy down. Holden wasn't mishandled. He wasn't good enough. Druken wasn't mishandled. He wasn't good enough. And Reid isn't good enough.

i also hope bouck getting cut can stop people believing that he is an NHL player as well.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Few Thoughts:

1) I'm a little mixed about Bourdon staying here. On one hand, I'm GLAD that he's staying since I'd hate to see him turn into Josh Holden (i.e. tries way too hard to make the team at training camp, overthinks, and constantly chokes). In a way, I think its good that Veenyo is letting him stay, so that he just relaxes...and gets back to playing like he was.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how many 19 year old defensemen have been successful....or have gone on to be successful. The worst thing a coach can do, is rush someone. The Canucks were patient with Mattias Ohlund, and it paid dividends. Dion Phaneuf didn't enter the NHL until he was 21.

2) I'm disappointed that Bouck didn't make it. The guy came to camp in the best shape. His hustle and enthusiasm was unparalleled. I thought he deserved a chance to stay. These are the types of guys that ALL teams need.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Rypien wasn't sent down because he's injured. You can't send down and injured player. I know it's a dumb rule but Montreal (Grabovski, Cote) and the leaves (Bell, Kronwall) are in the same situation. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that those guys count as a cap hit. I don't understand why they would be because they're injured, but I did read this in an article talking about the leaves getting hit like that.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: