Cloutier re-up's...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
unikron
AHL Prospect
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:07 pm

Cloutier re-up's...

Post by unikron » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:25 pm

press release

Dosn't this mean we get a second pick (2nd rounder)?
Anyone know?
"I, know I could make it right, if I could just swallow my pride".

User avatar
the_ogopogo
AHL Prospect
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:32 pm

Post by the_ogopogo » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:56 pm

we already had a guaranteed 2nd rounder in the 2007 draft, we also received a conditional pick in the 09 draft. which is probably based on either him being under contract or possibly playoff success or just making the playoffs...

User avatar
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:39 pm
Location: Surrey

Post by *CanucksForLife* » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:47 pm

the_ogopogo wrote:we already had a guaranteed 2nd rounder in the 2007 draft, we also received a conditional pick in the 09 draft. which is probably based on either him being under contract or possibly playoff success or just making the playoffs...

Exactumondooo.
I Hart Luongo.

User avatar
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Timmins, Ontario

Post by Linden Is God » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:02 pm

You guys notice on the TSN picture that Clouts is sporting a 'traditional' goaler mask now?
Pretty plain, and it's tought to recognize him.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:

User avatar
Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:36 am
Location: Japan

Post by Rising Sun Canuck » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:08 pm

I like the stockpile of picks for the years draft. This year has been touted as a strong one and I'm hoping the Canucks draft some more quailty fowards.

It will be intresting to see how Cloutier does in LA- with his new mask and all.
I like the guy, but I'm betting on a knee injury at some point during the season! :lol:

User avatar
the_ogopogo
AHL Prospect
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:32 pm

Post by the_ogopogo » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:15 pm

Does anyone know exactly how many picks we have gained for the coming up draft or a place that can be checked? I know we have two second rounders but I know we have acquired more than just that one...

User avatar
jchockey
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1551
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:46 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by jchockey » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:25 pm

I know we don't have an '07 third 'cause we traded that pick for McCarthy.

User avatar
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:18 am
Location: If not in here then offthepost.ORG...
Contact:

Post by the Cunning Linguist » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:41 pm

the_ogopogo wrote:Does anyone know exactly how many picks we have gained for the coming up draft or a place that can be checked? I know we have two second rounders but I know we have acquired more than just that one...
I think VAN has like three or four second rounders...
Image
Image

MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:28 pm
Location: Delta, BC

Post by MarkMM » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:19 am

iirc, we have three second round picks in 07, one for Carlyle, one from Cloutier and I can't remember the third, it might have been the conditional pick in 07 we got for McCarthy from Atlanta, didn't he re-sign with them? That might've bumped up the conditional pick to a 2nd.

What I want to know is why they gave him an extension before they see him play? Unless they're confident that he'll tear it up and/or they got him at a price that it'll allow them to keep their cap average down over the course of the deal...
Mark

User avatar
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP
Posts: 492
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Post by Meerschaum » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:55 am

MarkMM wrote: What I want to know is why they gave him an extension before they see him play? Unless they're confident that he'll tear it up and/or they got him at a price that it'll allow them to keep their cap average down over the course of the deal...
He's obviously kept those pictures he had of Crow with the underaged Cambodian goats. Funny, how a man can make a successful career out of just a few 8 x 10 glossy photos . . . ;)
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.

User avatar
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP
Posts: 492
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Post by Meerschaum » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:22 am

Here's an interesting take on the Cloutier deal . . .

http://www.mc79hockey.com/index.html#15PHX
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.

User avatar
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Timmins, Ontario

Post by Linden Is God » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:32 am

I'm surprised there hasn;t been a Dipietro-esque joke yet.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:

User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Post by tantalum » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:38 am

Linden Is God wrote:I'm surprised there hasn;t been a Dipietro-esque joke yet.
Probably because no one can top that joke.

Though i'm sure Wang and company will try.

User avatar
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:18 am
Location: If not in here then offthepost.ORG...
Contact:

Post by the Cunning Linguist » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:51 pm

tantalum wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:I'm surprised there hasn;t been a Dipietro-esque joke yet.
Probably because no one can top that joke.

Though i'm sure Wang and company will try.
Okay, I'll take a shot at it...

... Because even Charles Wang laughed at that Cloutier deal... :twisted:
Image
Image

MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:28 pm
Location: Delta, BC

Post by MarkMM » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:58 pm

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
tantalum wrote:
Linden Is God wrote:I'm surprised there hasn;t been a Dipietro-esque joke yet.
Probably because no one can top that joke.

Though i'm sure Wang and company will try.
Okay, I'll take a shot at it...

... Because even Charles Wang laughed at that Cloutier deal... :twisted:
I see why they call you the cunning linguist... :D
Mark

Post Reply